New less invasive S-ICD system in active trials now

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No guts, no glory..!

No guts, no glory..!

January 7, 2009 - Cameron Health Inc. announced today the first CE trial implants in Europe and New Zealand for Cameron Health’s Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD) System.

June 16, 2009 - Cameron Health Inc. said today it received CE approval for its Cameron Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD) system.

March 22, 2010 – A pivotal clinical trial recently began to gain U.S. approval for a defibrillator system that does not have any leads in or on the heart. Additionally, no imaging equipment is required for placement of the system, since all of the components are positioned using anatomical landmarks.

Those are the lead sentences from three articles in the link provided by Hook.

Personally, I'd jump on the bandwagon too. If there are no volunteers for clinical trials, none of us would have had the surgery to repair/replace our valves. After all, I've got a recalled Silzone valve and it's still ticking along at almost 11 years..:thumbup::biggrin2:

I guess it's just different strokes for different folks.....no pun intended..:biggrin2:

If your "only" need for an ICD or pacemaker is your risk of sudden cardiac death, then this may be just the ticket for you. No risk to the valves from having wires running through them, less invasive altogether. Sort of like carrying around an emergency external defibrillator, isn't it?

Of course this won't work for people like me who are pacemaker dependent as well as at risk for v-tach, SCD, etc., but for some others, this sounds great. I hope this works for you!

Latest posts

Back