New Echo - Good News and Questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky401

I just had a follow up echo cardiogram and received good news. I have congestive heart failure and my last echo in March showed an improved EF of 35% from 20% and the one I had on Monday showed my EF to be 45% now. I could tell it was better because I feel so much better. I can climb stairs now, walk a lot further without too much trouble, etc. I am really happy about this. I wonder if they will let me try to get off all the medicine and see if my heart has really improved or if it is just the medicine. All the meds tend to make me dizzy and fatigued.

I also have a question about one thing on the echo report. Under left ventricle it said there is moderate to severe septal hypokinesis. Does anyone know what that means?

Also it says the peak and mean gradients across the AV measure 50/25 which are mildly increased compared to prior study. Is that a good or bad thing?

Thanks for all your help and all your listening.

Barb

it means the septum doesn't move /contract right, Was the hole in your heart a VSD? (ventricle septal defect) because if you have a patch there chances are it does not move the same as normal, not operated on, septums. (Justin has sevearl patches in his ventricle and atrium septums. It also could be related to your low EF and what caused that.

Back