New ECHO Done

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karen14

:) Hi everyone!
Finally had the new echocardiogram done yesterday. Still need to get copy of that when they're done with it. Found the pressure velocity of my mechanical aortic valve is now 3.9 (having been 4.+ just after surgery). This is still too high unfortunately, and does explain why I'm still TATT with SOB. I've been told it ought to be around 2.0. Is that right? The doctor also stated that I may now have Congestive Heart Failure or COPD, but not totally sure yet on which.

Anyway, doing a Treadmill tomorrow. That oughtta be fun ( :rolleyes: sarcasm), lol! Just kidding! But after that, then all I have left is an x-ray & blood work. Then I'll meet with my new cardologist on April 1st to go over the results. I may need another surgery to correct this valve issue (not that I want to! :( ; yet at the same time, I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired). So I guess we do what we gotta do huh?

I must say I'm very grateful to the people on this site! I've learned SO much and am still learning. Wish I'd known some of these things BEFORE this surgery, but I guess I can't cry over spilt milk. Trying to stay positive and strong! Thanks for letting me share. Luv, ~Karen

I'm glad to hear that you are doing what needs to be done to get a proper evalvuation of your condition Karen.

There is an expresssion (I think it came from Engineering) that goes something like this...
"A problem defined is a problem half solved".

Just keep doing what you need to do to get the answers that will guide you to a final solution.

Chin up! :)

'AL Capshaw'

I'm glad that you got another Echo done Karen & are scheduled to see your new cardiologist soon. I have you in my prayers & if it has to take another surgery to correct your valve issues, well then it has to be done. Because like you said, no one likes to feel tired, short of breath & just not able to do much of anything. If your new cardio finds that you indeed have CHF or COPD, there are medications that can relieve that. Some of these meds are what's keeping me functional right now. And too, once you have your valve corrected, the CHF may be a thing of the past! :)

So onward you go & you've got us here for support and/or a shoulder anytime you want one!

... once you have your valve corrected, the CHF may be a thing of the past! :)
I was thinking this very thing Norma, serious! Wow. After reading up on CHF, I learned irregular valves can be the cause. So a new one would correct that.

THANK YOU for the awesome support AL, NJEAN, everyone! Luv, ~Karen

good luck, I feel your pain. I am tired of being tired. I have had my valve for 26 years and the last year has been harder with being more tired.

Karen,
I am glad that things are moving forward for you (even though I am certain you are not looking forward to more surgery). I will continue positive thoughts for you.
I like Al's saying ""A problem defined is a problem half solved".

So what is prosthesis mismatch, presume the valve you have is too small and needs to be larger ?
Exactly acr. But I must say that this occurence is VERY RARE. Statistically, there's only a 6% chance of needing a re-op (for various reasons), and only a very small percentage of that would be for prosthesis mismatch. The odds of likelihood for this to occur are very slim! So don't worry if you need this surgery. I just got lucky :rolleyes: (sarcasm)...lol. No, actually I'm grateful to be alive, and feel confident this can be resolved successfully. Luv, ~Karen

P.S. I did great on the Treadmill stress test! Lasted to the end without stopping the technician. Surprised myself even, lol. Yay! :)

Back