New cardiologist

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While back we decided it was time for a new cardiologist. Wife's rheumatologist's husband is a cardiologist. So wife asked her if he was taking new patients. She said he would gladly see us. We both knew if he was anything like his wife we would like him.

We went in last week to see him. Had filled out all the medial information before leaving home. Also took a copy of our current list of our medication from the computer. Arrived 15 minutes early but was called in within a couple minutes. After his nurse did her thing and the EKG, he came right in. He wanted to know all about us and not just the medical things. After that, I asked the $64 question about what he though of home testing? He said he was all for it for some of his patients. I was glad to hear that for I like the guy. Told him I'd been home testing since February. He asked about dosing, told him I'd been taking care of that since April and tweaking the dosage for years. Then asked, what was "my" INR control? I answered, 2.5-3.5. He said, excellent! Said as long as I'd been on warfarin, that I knew my body better than him and could do a better job controlling INR. He then examined wife and I. Said next time we would get echoes and blood work. I then presented him a prescription from QAS that I had filled out, all except his name and signature. We were both impressed with him, so we now have a new cardiologist!

After reading some of the recent post it makes me proud that we have our freedom of choice for physicians. Hope it continues!

Life is great! :)

I was surprised at my new primary care doc. She was ok with home testing, but hesitant about self dosing. I told her I've been doing it since 2002 and she said ok. :) Even gave me a script for as many refills of Warfarin as I need for 1 year.

Yes, indeed, Dayton. It is priceless to have the freedom to chose your doctor and priceless to find a doctor like your new cardilogosit who believes in you and in your capabilities and gives you the credit for 'knowing your body better that he does'...absolutely true.

I am happy for both of you. Stay healthy.

Latest posts

Back