Need Your Prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenda,

Have you talked with your PCP ?

I'm guessing you'd rather not tell your knee surgeon what is going on BUT, I think you really should, at least by Friday at the latest.

Hope things clear up for you SOON!

'AL Capshaw'

Hi Glenda. Thinking of you!!! Glad you are over the worst of it and hope that you're taking it easy will pay off for you. I think talking with your PCP is a great idea. He/she has probably been dealing with many others having caught the bug, he/she knows your personal history and therefore might be able to suggest something to help you mend more quickly (or advise you about rescheduling the surgery yet again).

When I first started going out and about after my surgery last April, I really didn't want to experience the big first sneeze everyone talks about. I did not want any viruses!! So I bought a little bottle of anti-viral liquid gel and put it in my car. Every time I would go to a grocery store for a large cart of groceries, or come back to my car after having been hanging onto handrails or lots of door knobs, I'd just give myself a dollop of that gel hoping I'd dashed away any nasty bugs that were out there lurking. It's the only time I use any anti-viral soap or lotion (I think you can overuse the stuff) but I must say.....it's going on 9 months post-op and I have not had any bugs yet!! That suggestion just in case you postpone things again. ;)

Hope that today is the turning around day and you're back to your old self soon.

Best wishes. Marguerite

Glenda - Fluids, fluids, fluids!! I will be praying, also that this virus is out of your system quickly and for your husband also!!

Glenda:

Hope you are feeling better now.

We attended the annual Boar's Head and Yule Log Festival in Fort Worth last Saturday afternoon with some friends, then ate at a restaurant nearby. One friend felt ill while eating, managed to get out of the restaurant before really being sick on the way home. She was in bed Sunday & Monday. Her roommate got it late Monday, still sick.

Hope your feeling better Glenda...

Hope your feeling better Glenda...

I have been pretty busy around here lately and haven't been on as much, and so I am just seeing this now. I hope and pray that you get to feeling better so that you may have your surgery and REALLY get to feeling better. Hugs and Prayers coming straight to you from Harrybaby ((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) :D :D :D :D

Here in Montreal, there is one hospital (the one I was at with endocarditis in 2004) that had to cancel all elective surgery because it had such a big outbreak of this gastrointestinal bug.

Glenda--
Hope you're feeling better and you can go through with the surgery. One of my best friends had to have her hysterectomy cancelled due to walking pneumonia...no fun. :(

Best wishes--
Debi (debster913)

I'm thinking of you, Glenda. You know you always get sick around operations, but then you always come through. I'll be waiting to hear how things go.

Very best wishes,

Prayers and love always...

Prayers and love always...

Dear Glenda The Good, I am so sorry you two have had that dreadful bug! I hope you are well enough for the surgery, and that all goes well. Sending a big hug, Brian

So far, so good. Only two more days! ! :) :) Bob you're right about me getting sick around my surgery times, but the last time at least I was in the hospital. Although it scared the nurses and doctor's in CVICU to death. They thought something was terribly wrong!

I am feeling so much better. I have stayed in most of the week. I did start getting a little congested but I started the Musinex a couple of days ago and it's all gone. I'm not sure I'll go to church tomorrow. It may be cancelled anyway. We are in a major ice and snow storm here in Southwest Missouri. My nephew who lives about an hour away in Oklahoma said his little town has lost all their power. He said it looks like a battle ground with all the electric poles, wire and trees down. He lives out in the country and had to get the chain saw out to remove trees down his lane so he could get to work. What a mess!

I guess this will be a good time to have surgery. At least I can look out the window and watch everyone else slipping and sliding. I just hope the hospital generator's are working well!

Great news.....

Great news.....

*Great news Glenda. Might be a good idea to pray at home for this week just in case you pick up a bug. (The Lord helps those who help themselves ) Best Wishes for Monday. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.... :cool:

Glenda said:
So far, so good. Only two more days! ! :) :) Bob you're right about me getting sick around my surgery times, but the last time at least I was in the hospital. Although it scared the nurses and doctor's in CVICU to death. They thought something was terribly wrong!

I am feeling so much better. I have stayed in most of the week. I did start getting a little congested but I started the Musinex a couple of days ago and it's all gone. I'm not sure I'll go to church tomorrow. It may be cancelled anyway. We are in a major ice and snow storm here in Southwest Missouri. My nephew who lives about an hour away in Oklahoma said his little town has lost all their power. He said it looks like a battle ground with all the electric poles, wire and trees down. He lives out in the country and had to get the chain saw out to remove trees down his lane so he could get to work. What a mess!

I guess this will be a good time to have surgery. At least I can look out the window and watch everyone else slipping and sliding. I just hope the hospital generator's are working well!

I was wondering how you were feeling, Glenda!
And I was worried that you might get iced in on Monday; one of our sons called last night from Central MO and said it was really bad there. Please let us know how it goes!
Love,
Mary

So glad you are feeling better, Glenda. Prayers and best wishes for Monday- we will be waiting here to welcome you home.

Glenda,

I am glad that you are doing so much better and can have the surgery you need and want so much.

Praying that all goes well and be careful on the drive to the hospital - the weather there sounds awfu.

Glenda said:

Glenda:

Do stay in until you need to get to the hospital.

You do get nasty weather in your part of Missouri!
I drove -- er, piloted -- a car off I-44 one Saturday night last February driving back to TX from Joplin after a cat show. An ice storm had hit late Friday, along with a lot of snow. I didn't see a patch of black ice and my rental car went airborne -- 40 feet off the interstate..
Miraculously, only damage to the car was a flat tire (think the seal broke on the rim). Car didn't roll, no body damage. Thank God for soft snow!!!!!!! I think my 2 cats lost one of their 9 lives that night, though!

catwoman said:
I drove -- er, piloted -- a car off I-44 one Saturday night last February driving back to TX from Joplin after a cat show. An ice storm had hit late Friday, along with a lot of snow. I didn't see a patch of black ice and my rental car went airborne -- 40 feet off the interstate..
Miraculously, only damage to the car was a flat tire (think the seal broke on the rim). Car didn't roll, no body damage. Thank God for soft snow!!!!!!! I think my 2 cats lost one of their 9 lives that night, though!

*chuckles*

This is the story you were telling us at dinner the night when we all met up when I was in Dallas this past October, right?

And, Glenda ... stay safe ... and enjoy watching other people slippin' and slidin' while you're recovering from the surgery. Thoughts/prayers that the generators at the hospital do their job so the surgery can go on as scheduled.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Things get complicated when you get past 18" ... Statler Brothers ... 'Class of '57'

I had a dream last night that the power failed at the hospital right in the middle of my surgery and the generators wouldn't kick on and everyone was standing around in the dark. I woke up sweating and in a panic. I don't know what time it was but we had lost power at our house, all clocks were blinking, it was cold in the house, eveything outside was dead still and dark. We live on a farm and have a solar outside light which lights up around us. We live on a hill in the middle of a hay field and we can see the small town of Duenweg north of our house and it was compeltely dark too. The interstate is south of us and it was completely dark also. No cars or trucks. It gives you a really strange feeling. I was up looking outside and walking around wondering what time it was and my husband woke up too. We both went back to bed to stay warm and it wasn't long before everything came back on (for just a few minutes) then it was off again. We both cuddled up and went sound asleep and when my clock that chimes woke me up at 6:00 this morning, everything was going again and the house was all warm. Thank goodness! We are supposed to have more ice and snow coming. Talk about a winter storm. Ugh! ! I'm ready for summer and brush hoging.

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers. It's count down time now.

Latest posts

Back