Need Your Prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

I need your prayers. Sunday night I came down with a ugle stomach virus. I was going at both ends at the same time. (know what I mean!) Just today I started adding back liquids but my stomach is making terrible noises. It sounds like water bubbling up and running through pipes. I've just got to be well for this coming Monday. I just can't postpone my knee surgery again. I want so bad to just get it over with. The orthopedic surgeon took me off all my medicines starting yesterday. The only thing I can take is my Ambien for sleep. He didn't want me on anything that might thin my blood and it seems that most of the medicines I take does just that. I can't take any pain medicine (for the knees and joint pain) so I'm in constant pain. :( :( My husband came down with the same stuff yesterday around 4:30. Bless his heart, I loved him so much that I had to share. He was cleaning up after me constantly. At one time he found me on the bathroom floor. I had got so dizy that I felt I was going to pass out so I just laid down in the floor. It scared him to death. He was ready to take me to the hosptial. I am feeling better tonight, but just pray that I stay well until after Monday.

Glenda,

There is a truly ugly stomach virus going around. I pray for both you and your husband to be over it quickly, and for your knee surgery on Monday to happen, and successfully.

Cheers,

Hi Glenda. I just posted in another thread asking if you had scheduled the surgery yet. Praying that this virus passes ;) quickly and you are in tip top shape for surgery on Monday. Our prayers and best wishes go with you.

You got it, Glenda. Please feel better - drink lots of water.

Glenda

Glenda

hope that ugly virus will pass before Monday..and you get your knee surgery..:) Will be thinking of you..Bonnie

My thoughts are with you, Glenda. Hopefully that virus will run its course before Monday. One of my colleagues at work caught a stomach "bug" and it ran its course in about 24 hours. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest. Get well soon!

I just read about this stomach thing in the paper this morning--norovirus. It is apparently everywhere and contagious. It's the stuff that makes people sick on cruises. It passes from one to another quickly.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Glenda, starting to send prayers now. I'm glad you are hearing sounds of "water going through a pipe". This means that, at least, the virus hasn't shut down your digestive system.

Drink lots of water!

oh, Glenda, the pain must be bad. I know you want to get this knee surgery over and done with so you can start walking again. Bless you. You have my prayers, too.

Oh dear Glenda,
You do have problems with stomach viruses!:eek: I well remember that you came down with one AFTER your valve replacement.:eek: :eek: I can't imagine how much pain you must have suffered with that and a just-operated sternum! ARGH!!!!
Since this started Sunday night, perhaps the worst is over and you will be feeling better by the end of the week. Whatever the outcome, you have my prayers for the duration.

Glenda, I will be praying for a speedy recovery for both you and your husband from this stomach virus. I will certainly pray that your knee surgery goes as scheduled. LINDA

Glenda, Those stomach bugs are horrendous little beasts to say the least. I will be praying that you bounce right back and are ready for Monday.

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you. Tomorrow was my volunteer day in ICU but I think I'm going to call in and stay home. I probably don't need to be around the hospital right now. I wouldn't want to give any of those poor sick people this terrible stuff.

Thanks again for your prayers. I certainly believe in the power of prayer. My faith and prayer has brought me through so much.

Glenda,

Very sorry you and your husband have been sick :(. Sure hope you are feeling better soon ... especially by Sunday for Monday's surgery....

Thoughts/prayers coming your way, of course.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Tell me what you see" ... Bob Carlisle ... 'Getting Stronger'

it started in daughter's office yesterday. two co-workers went home sick with stomach gremlins. she tries to be careful of things at work, she eats an excellent diet. That might not even count, tho.

Are you feeling better today, Glenda?

I still have the runs!:mad: :mad: I'll probably have to take some medicine to stop that. I have a very over active colon and once it gets started that bad it won't stop on it's own. I've also come down with a head cold so I'm starting the Musinex. I know I'm supposed to be off all my medicines but I don't think any of these are blood thinners. You think God's trying to tell me something "not to have this surgery." I sometimes wonder. It's seems like everytime it's comes up I get sick. I didn't go in today to volunteer. I'll just rest and take it easy and drink plenty of fluids. I've just got to get ride of this stuff. I'm afraid if I cancel this surgery one more time, the doctor will refuse to do it again. Can they do that?

Oh, Glenda, so sorry to read that you are still not feeling well. I don't think he will refuse to do it, but I'm sure it is best to wait until you are feeling 100%- it's not heart surgery, but it is surgery and you need to be in good shape to recover well. Take care- our prayers and best wishes flying your way.

Latest posts

Back