Need help! INR higher than 9.0

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Good for you, Al! Keep going in this very positive direction. Sounds like you have a terrific doctor who is in your corner!

Blanche and Al.... So happy to read that things seem under control now. I, also, kept checking in today looking for an update. Hope you have a quiet Sunday and the INR test Monday is closer to range. Sending all good thoughts your way.

Happy to hear the news, hope you both are able to get a good sleep tonight. I have been checking off and on all day for a good update.

Blanche and Al,
I'm also just checking in to see how things are going.....a bit better, that's good.
Hopefully the INR test on Monday will show a much lower reading and Al can start to get back in range.
Have a peaceful Sunday.

I just tested Albert on the INRatio. His INR is 2.5. It's good news now, but I wonder now if it will go lower. I am such a worry wart. Thank you all for the support and encouragement.
Blanche

To Ross and everyone:
Do you think I should take my regular does tonight? My range in 3.0 to 4.0.
anyway, we will test again tomorrow and hope things are working OK.
Thanks,
Al

I'd do as we discussed and start with a half dose. Want to make sure it's not still declining. It shouldn't be, but we all know how these things tend to workout. If you don't feel comfy doing that , check his INR again today and if things are still down, then go the full dose.

I'm glad to wake up to good news this morning. You have my prayers for Al's health.

Good Morning Blanche

I'm so glad to see your post!!! The first thing I did when I got on the 'puter was check to see if you had posted regarding Al. I hope it doesn't go any lower, either, but I know you'll check in 3 days again. Keep us posted.

Ev

excellent news. I'll be anxious to hear when Al's INR is back in range and things are back in balance.

Good late morning to all:

Al and I both had a good night's sleep last night. What a difference that makes!!! Even the cat has a good sleep too.

We plan to test again today in early evening, right about the time we tested him yesterday. We are both feeling good about the INR=2.5 he got yesterday. Another positive is that this urine is now clear with no trace of blood.

My father used to say, when ya been sick and cooped up in the house for a while, it's good to go out side and get the stink blowed off of ya! Albert feels so much better today, so I am going to take my dad's advice and take him out for a while...It is a bit windy today here.

Our game plan now is to test tonight at home and to test tomorrrow at the dr's office. Al did take his normal dose of Coumadin last night. This is one of those times when having a home monitor makes a huge difference.

This is one of those times when having the support and wishes from friends who have similar conditions and who understand matters more than my words can express. Thank you all.

Blanche

Blanche, I'm glad Al is doing better. My INR always goes a little crazy when I have a colitis flare up. I know by simply holding a dose and maybe halfing the next dose that I can go from an INR greater than 6.0 to well within my range of 2.5-3.5. Once I've dropped below my range though it takes days to get nomalized again. Once everything else settles down with Al his INR will most likely settle again too. Keep us informed.

I'm just getting on to today. So glad to hear things are going better. I've had my grandson since yesterday and he's 3. What a handfull.

Take care of each other and keep us posted.
Earline

Half or whole dose, don't think it's going to matter all that much. I'm just concerned that the vit k may keep him artificially low and then a sudden spike up.

Dearest Blanche & Al,
Just got on today and saw what has been going on. You both are in my prayers.
So sorry you had to go through another thing. Glad to hear Al's INR is back within range. You guys rest up and let us know what the cardio dr says.
God Bless,
Crystal

P.S. If I lived closer and would of come down and made you breakfast & lunch and supper.

Latest posts

Back