Nashville Agenda Suggestions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bob Gleason

Just some thoughts on our upcoming reunion. While we want to create a feeling of solidarity (at least stronger than it already is) I feel that our 'must attend" meeting should have some design to it and for all to derive some benefit. So, this impromptu post, might help and get a lot of us to make more suggestions for the meeting. Not presented in any order, I feel the following would be worthwhile considerations: (Then, a formal agenda for the meeting can be presented)

1. Hank's Welcome Speech and Opening Address....... (You gotta do it Hank, so get working on it!)

2. Maybe we can get a surgeon and/or a cardiologist to attend and speak? I personally would love to better understand the readings and pathology diagnosis derived from the various testing we go through such as TEEs, Echograms, etc.

3. Home Testing............can we get/invite a rep fro QAS to give us a demonstration and presentation on home testing, updates in their technology, etc.?

4. Going Forward..........How we can make VR.com better than it already is. Perhaps a committee can/could be considered for planning, fund raising, marketing, etc.

5. Dealing with the emotional side of heart disease. I think this should be an open discussion.

6. Ongoing post-op maintenance.........and support from family, friends and associates.

If I sit hear long enough I can come up with some other ideas but lets ALL bring to light some ideas for the meeting. I'll be glad to work on the agenda with a couple of you after submissions have been made. We also need some confirmation that we can have a meeting room available (Janie's Room is off-limits).

Hopefully, this will spark enough of us to get involved with our reunion ..........Comments? Ideas? Volunteers?

Hey Hank!

Hey Hank!

Glad you like it, but as I write this reply to you this post has had 23 views and only one reply.

Hi Bob,

My job has now gone to the hectic, and heavy travel stage. I am now flying out of town on a Monday and Returning on a Friday night. There are some weekends in the near future where I will be working through several weekends in a row out of town.

I don't have much spare time these days, I had more several months ago. Your agenda looks like a great start for people to think about and comeup with some additional comments and suggestions.

I would not mind contacting my surgeons and cardiologist to ask if they would like to talk to us. However, before I would ever contact them I would want more specifics, such as date, time, place, and topic.

If I can be of some help with Nashville, please let me know, but with my current work schedule, my time is very limited. I am bringing up several large manufacturing plants on a whole new manufacturing software package. Anyone got any Prozac?

Rob

Hello All -

Rob - WIth your organizational skills, I am sure you will roll thru the challanges ahead of you. Go get em!!

Bob - The agenda sounds A-ok to me. You have some interesting topics included. Just remember I don't want to be in an all day meeting. LOL. But seriously, I don't care what we talk about - this trip for me is about meeting the people and making new friends. Anything else will be toppings on my ice cream.

See you'al in Nashville.
Tammy

Hey Tammy!

Hey Tammy!

No allday meeting for me either!

Nothing is written in stone or mandatory, but I would think a couple of hours filled with comfort, self-realization, education and emotional support (or whatever you want to call it) or bonding would be wonderful.

I know when we met in San Antonio a bond was formed between 7 of us that remains just as strong a year later, despite our distances, or infrequent contacts.

Latest posts

Back