Nancy Jane ready to go. 2-9

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh so pleased to read the updates :D
Hope your recovery keeps going well!!
Love Sarah xxx

Hot off the press

fasten your seatbelts for the ride...

February 11, 2012

hello! It's been a pretty good day. Started off with dick reporting that nancy was pretty exhausted and sleepy most of the morning, after spending a couple hours sitting upright in the chair. Kind of what we expected from her yesterday, but everyone said this is going to be a roller coaster ride! Dr. K saw her this morning and said she was doing well. Tubes and cath were removed today-yay! Only thing she is still hooked up to is the insulin drip. Because your body stresses from surgery, typically your blood sugar will get pretty high. So, they give you insulin to help and it also promotes healing of her incisions. They'll take her off that tomorrow. Best news is that she is now out of the icu!!!! She is in a nice big regular room, although still on the cardiac floor. And, she is much more awake as of this afternoon and looking great! Keep it up nanny, you're doing great!!!!

Love,

robyn and linda

Best of luck

Best of luck

sorry for late reply...you certainly seemed to have the positive attitude heading into this, which IMHO, is 80% of the battle. I wish you well and here's to a speedy recovery!

SB42

The latest news

she's coming home!
February 12, 2012

hello!

Wanted to share the great news that nancy will be going home tomorrow!! We are all amazed, but not the least bit surprised, at how well she has taken on this whole surgery-and now the recovery stage.

She took a couple walks today, which totally wore her out. But she continues to rest and gain energy.

Dick will bring his patient home tomorrow morning and we're sure that skippy (her dog) will be ecstatic!

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers! It won't be easy, but we all know nancy will make it fun!!!!

Love,
linda and robyn

Ahh fantastic news!! So pleased to hear this :D
Take it easy Nancy! Slow and steady wins the race :)
Love Sarah xxxx

Thanks Greg! I think about her every day and hope everything is alright with her, she was the first person that I really talked to in messaging. Appreciate the update, as I'm sure the others do.

update
Well - she's coming home ----- tomorrow!!!
February 13, 2012

Breaking news- just got word from Dick that the Dr. would like her to stay one more day in the hospital. Everything is normal, but after her two short walks yesterday, she was just exhausted. So, we'll listen to the Dr. and keep her there to watch the snowflakes fall today!! Go Nanny!!!!

Love,

Robyn and Linda

Good to hear! But sounds like such a short stay? Shes sleeping alot and only taken a couple of walks since surgery? I know that everyone is different but sounds odd too me. However it sounds like things are good so that's great!

Ok ok. Lucid now

February 15, 2012

So. How are YOU all doing ?

Thx for all the great messages. Read- laughted re read many.
I am doing great. Little heavy on the chest. Area. But to be expected. Staying ageads of the meds. So that's. Good

I think I'm having an affair with my new. Re cliner ! Really is good. Valentines decorated the house. Couldn't have planned it better if we had tried.

Not used to talking all the pills. Uh vey ! I now know how they feel they when leave off a name at an ascar thank you. Oh boy ! So mny great calls etc to thank. Wish we would get a few personal. Addresses. Oh well. Know I mean well.

Jimmy - Linda- chuck- Jeff. And a few others. I f I can do it you can.

Get the shower chair for sure ! Just for a few days. But u will like it.

Dick didn't do too bad at tiffanienres. Sp? Ha ha.

Mitch. What kind of bra did u tell me to get?? I forget.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I'm ok
February 19, 2012

Linda Dixion was worried about not hearing from me - but I told her dick untied me every 45 min - the gags comes off pretty often too. It's not too bad.

test

I week post. Nancy st Louis
February 19, 2012

Ok here we go. Getting very good. But not walking as much as I should so mixing that up a bit
Lost most of the weight. Yeah ,!!!! Have a BIt more to do
And even with to sleeping in the chair - hair turned out not too bad. Hmmmmm let me think about that one think dick is the one that's messes it us ?

Cannot believe its just one week. We are going to dr mid week to see if he'll OK a trip to fla keys for a week or so. He thought so when we saw him at discharge.

Amazing - amazing process

Love hearing everyone & glad all are doing so well. Jeff - Linda - chuck - jimmy. We r here for you.

Hugs to all. Lov nancy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Latest posts

Back