Nancy is WAY cool!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debster

:cool: I was just reading her posts about having to be an advocate for Joe for all those years-and that is so darn true. Years ago (30+) my mom had major abdominal pain for quite awhile. Dr's couldn't find the cause-they wanted to put her in the psych ward. Finally they found out she had a GRAPEFRUIT size tumor in her uterus-HELLO!!! And still to this day you hear stories about doctors blowing people off-I just hate it. Please don't get me wrong-there are many wonderful dr's out there-but why is it so hard when you happen to be a person that may have something difficult/unusual to treat? Nancy deserves a medal for going to bat for Joe like she did-every patient should be so fortunate:) Deb

People think were joking and we are deadly serious. Never ever leave a loved one alone in a hospital. If they've just come through major surgery, STAY WITH THEM.

I had 2 well-respected doctors tell me they felt I was over blowing my symptoms. One tried to prescribe valium. 4 years later I had my "imaginary diseased mitral valve" replaced.

These are exactly the scenarios I am talking about...one of my "favorites" is "I'm sure it's stress". Please! People know when something is wrong!!!!

Believe it or not, there really are some terrific doctors who care and try their darndest to get it right. That's my kind of doc. If a doctor had read ALL of Joe's long history, they were A#1 in my book, and I did quiz them to make sure they had read the history list, It was 4 pages long in a very small font. The ones that didn't, I had no respect for.

Joe ended up with the best of the best that we had around here because he was just way too complicated for anyone else.

It's when you get "handed off" to another doctor while in the hospital and they take over your care and don't consult with any of your regular doctors that the danger zone starts. And it can be a scary thing. They don't have a vested interest in you and they treat you like a "thing".

I actually brought in a blown up picture of Joe when he was healthy and pasted it on the wall, and wrote on the bottom in big letters, "I am a human being".

I got some pretty huffy comments from a couple of nurses. Did I care--NO. It stayed on the wall.

Thanks for your comments, Deb. I hope I inspire others to be a strong advocate. It's so important.

I think it helped Joe to live much longer than he would have, because I wouldn't put up with much nonsense, and they knew they'd be "caught".

I used to be a shy thing, just like every other person. :D

I was in for 16 days, and I was not alone for even one of them.
Hubby came from 7 a.m. until 10 pm.
If he needed a few hours to be at home for shopping, laundry, etc, then I had my daughter (Nurse) come in.
she discovered the 9 day old rotting I.V. in my arm.....day nurses were too busy or lazy to replace it. So when my arm started to swell and hurt like all h*ll, it was replaced.
When we can't fend for ourselves, someone has to.

Nancy said:
I used to be a shy thing, just like every other person. :D

LOL!

Yeah, somehow I can't imagine you shy, dearest Nancy!

*pauses*

Then again, I can't believe I used to be shy.....he he.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Keep this feelin' alive" ... Eric Carmen ... 'Make Me Lose Control'

It's the red hair.

Yes, we've all walked along behind Nancy and Joe and admired her strength. She is the mother of the site. So always pay attention to her.

Thanks, Nancy.

Champions

Champions

There are many on this forum I consider champions for their personal triumphs, and some who are our champions. Nancy is our champion!:)

Latest posts

Back