N-StyleID medical bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, too, feel safer with my Medic Alert. Except I went with a necklace and it has worked out fine. My hands are into too many small places to have something on my wrist (don't even wear a wrist watch). This might be something to consider if you are around mechanical equipment where a bracelet could get caught.

As far as kids feeling different, my grandson has been diabetic since 2 1/2 so wears his bracelet at all times. He's gotten so used to it he doesn't even notice it. Being a kid, it gets worn after a time so has to be replaced more often (he's 15 now) and over the years has decided that the cloth ones work best. IMO, any of these kids that have conditions that require any kind of Medic Alert deserve at least to have as "in style" a bracelet as possible.

Midge

Bina - that's the answer! Ever since I found out they're going to saw me open, I've been contemplating a tattoo. Maybe something next to the zipper to clue in doctors. If I can come up with something clever, I just might do it! Hmm, maybe a little rat (to imply warfarin)? Too tasteless perhaps. ;)

Apologies in advance for anyone who doesn't appreciate a little gallows humor. Surgery "way out in the next year" makes me more brave than I'll be in six months.

It's funny I was thinking of a tattoo quickly prior to surgery. I was thinking about a zipper just outside of where I thought the incision would be with the part of the zipper you pull up or down on the right side of a partly opened zipper. Then I thought it may attract unnecessary attention to the scar. If it is going to happen it must be quick as I would assume a tattoo on coumadin or warfarin would be out of the question. Always wanted a crab to accompany the salmon I have. Hobbies if you are wondering why.

It's funny I was thinking of a tattoo quickly prior to surgery. I was thinking about a zipper just outside of where I thought the incision would be with the part of the zipper you pull up or down on the right side of a partly opened zipper. Then I thought it may attract unnecessary attention to the scar. If it is going to happen it must be quick as I would assume a tattoo on coumadin or warfarin would be out of the question. Always wanted a crab to accompany the salmon I have. Hobbies if you are wondering why.

If you get the tat before surgery, you should be fine. After your on Coumadin, most tat artists won't touch you and if you do find one that will, the tat itself will look like crap in most people. Something for you all to consider if you'll be on Coumadin. ;)

Thanks for the warning, Ross. I guess a tattoo is out for me then. No way I'd get one before... just in case there was a change in plan. I guess plastic surgery will be out afterward too, eh? ;)

Justin has a zipper pull at the top of his incision. he asked the plastic surgeon if it would be left alone when they open him, and the doctor said yes, they won't cut it

Back