My Son.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the hospital this morning and the nurse said to me " Cautiously, This is the first day I feel Brad will walk out of here, Happy Mothers Day". I cried for 1/2 hour. I truly never knew the meaning of "tears of Joy" until today. Brad is down to 60% on the vent and he is breathing 90-98%. This is good. He had a fever all night and today. It was breaking tonight when we left. There is pnemonia in the bottom on both lungs. However, it is starting to break up. Still praying for those darn lungs and kidneys. No dialysis today. They thought they would give Brad a rest. I hope and pray Brad is on the upside now.

Glad to read things are improving for your son, Deb.

Also, Jeanie, thank you for that information you shared on the med, Versed. I found it very interesting.

I'm still praying for your son. I'm glad to read about his progress. I am waiting for the news that the day has arrived that he is truly walking out of there. My mother-in-law was on a drug [?macrodantin] to prevent urinary tract infections because of several infections that caused her to become septic and would end up on a vent with circumstances similar to your son's. She always pulled through even though she was in her early 80's. She eventually died of a totally unrelated illness. I worked several years as a surgical critical care RN and sometimes you just sense that the tide has turned and that there will be a positive outcome. I think that nurse who spoke to you may have had just that kind of experience. I hope your son continues to improve and that his kidneys recover right along with his lungs. God bless you both.

Thank You all. Kidneys are functioning! He has not had dialysis in 8 days! Lungs are better but not great. They trached the vent in last Thursday. They are talking about moving him to a hospital that just works with vents. I was hoping to avoid that but he is not coming off the vent this week, I'm sure. They are trying to get him off the pain meds and get him alert. He started Physical Therapy and did better today than yesterday. This hospital is very small and has worked very hard to get Brad better. I do think God worked very hard too! He has a ways to go and I appreciate the prayers.

Latest posts

Back