My Scar...Exactly Seven Years Later!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekycat

In honor of my 7th mitral valve repair "valversery" today, I decided to become a member of TOOTS. Since it was kind of a last minute decision, I just used one of my husband's "tawdry" shirts. Actually, he just added this one to his collection...he thinks it's beautiful;) My scar has obviously faded some in the last 7 years, but I think you can still see it pretty well. You can see that it's not exactly straight either, I thought perhaps the surgeon should have snapped a chalkline on my chest first. :D! Oh well. Oh, and I kinda skipped the whole disco pose too...I had a hard enough time taking the picture of myself in the mirror, without adding that! Anyway, here it is, for all the world to see:

Last edited:
Wow...barely visible. Looks very good and like the tawdry t-shirt! Thanks for the reminder for me to ask the surgeon to use a 'chalk line' to get it 'straight'. I got a chuckle out of that!

Happy Valversary!

Congratulations on your valversary. The scar looks great you are now a super TOOTS trooper. If I get a new scar I will post. I hope you have some cake & ice cream to celebrate your special day.

CONGRATULATIONS ON 7TH VALVERSARY many more to celebrate
Nice photo also can hardly see scar, very nice.

zipper2 (DEB)

Congrats on 7 years! Wishing you many many many more happy anniversaries.

Congratulations on your 7th valversary...your scar looks great even though not straigt....my scar is not straight either:D

May you celebrate many more valversaries to come with good health. :)

Thanks for sharing. Your scar healed beautifully. I would call that "Cleavage Accentuator" rather than a scar. My surgery is next year (we think), and I told my cardiologist he and the surgeon needed to figure out how to do a do a combo boob enhancement/vr. They are doing the combos with tummytucks/hysterectomies--why not this!!!

In honor of my 7th mitral valve repair "valversery" today, I decided to become a member of TOOTS. Since it was kind of a last minute decision, I just used one of my husband's "tawdry" shirts. Actually, he just added this one to his collection...he thinks it's beautiful;) My scar has obviously faded some in the last 7 years, but I think you can still see it pretty well. You can see that it's not exactly straight either, I thought perhaps the surgeon should have snapped a chalkline on my chest first. :D! Oh well. Oh, and I kinda skipped the whole disco pose too...I had a hard enough time taking the picture of myself in the mirror, without adding that! Anyway, here it is, for all the world to see:

When they transfer the patient to the heart-lung machine, I believe that the table is tilted so that everything works better. I am sure that gravity moved my skin and muscles to the side. The surgeon did cut in a straight line but once I stood up and everything moved to where it was supposed to be the zipper (scar) became un-straight. (~:

Latest posts

Back