My 'Race for the Cure' Results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I looked in my running scrapbook to see when I last ran the Race for the Cure, 1995. A beautiful morning for running. As the announcer was saying that everyone here has been touched by breast cancer, either through family or friends, I acknowledged that statement and thought about people I know. Phyllis, I thought of you. My husband's 3 cousins in 1 family, and my good friend Allyson. There were over 23,000 runners/walkers, plus friends, family, and dogs. :) One chocolate lab, male, had a pink scarf with feather ruffles around his neck, and his owner wrote on the scarf "Boys can wear pink too." He was so cute!:)

I lined up close to the front, but not too close that I would take off with the rabbits.:p Chip time finish of 26:52, 8:39 minute miles. My times are improving so I'm happy about that.

My husband and I are going to run the Austin 3M Half Marathon on January 25, 2009. In between we'll be running some more 5Ks and maybe a couple of 10Ks.

It's Racing Season.

Congratulations on the race Louise and thanks for thinking of me- if I didn't have these lousy knees- I would be out racing too!

Congratulations on your run and finish. 8:39 pace, good for you. I have two nieces (not sisters) that are breast cancer survivors. Events like this really help in research and in finding a cure.

Latest posts

Back