My on-going Saga......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in the blue corner Norma Jean ......................

3328379.jpg

Go for it girl. :)

Hoping it goes well for you and that you get better news. Best wishes :) .

I have done a lot of thinking & I came to the conclusion that at 57 yrs old & the fact that I am very much in control of most of my senses, I am not ready to give in & wait to die.

57, gee that's young!

Your fighting spirit rocks!

Last edited:
Norma, I noticed you had Pettersson on your list of C.C. surgeons. He performed my procedure which was probably run-of-the-mill for him, straightforward AVR. He is absolutely top-shelf and the more difficult operations are what he seems to thrive on. I know besides valve procedures he does alot of transplants (heart and lung). He is in his early 60s and is very engaging. Also his assistant is a pleasure to work with, she was very helpful in getting my situation sorted out.

When I first joined this site I spoke with several folks who also had Dr P and they all raved about him.

I've also heard of the other two surgeons you listed and both have stellar reps. I think you will be in very capable hands with any of them.

Best of luck on Friday, we all will be in your corner !

Scott

Everyones CHEERING for you NORMA
You go and when your done i'll borrow those boxing gloves
for my turn in edmonton !!!!!:p

Lots of good thoughts and prayers at you.:)

zipper2

njean, Dr. Lytle will operate on me on July 25th for my 2nd AVR. I chose him because he told me 40% of his business are redo's. He has Fridays set aside for those. I am more comfortable with the surgery because of this. I was looking for a doc who had been here done that. I hope he's the man. I'll let you know afterwards.

All the best norma, keep up the good spirit, hope everything turns out well.

njean, Dr. Lytle will operate on me on July 25th for my 2nd AVR. I chose him because he told me 40% of his business are redo's. He has Fridays set aside for those. I am more comfortable with the surgery because of this. I was looking for a doc who had been here done that. I hope he's the man. I'll let you know afterwards.

You know you're in my prayers my friend! And we will be anxiously awaiting word of your surgery! Praying that everything goes so well for you!

And I'll make sure I relay Dr. Lytle's stats to my cardio in case he doesn't already know that!

Take care & until then......... Godspeed!:)

Sending Love

Sending Love

Norma, Just wanted to say thanks for your presence here, I'm generally a lurker, but usually read your posts. So as a fan, I am sending my love along with the rest of our club. Brian Mc

Norma, Can't believe I missed this post!! Letting you know that I'm thinking and praying that everything go's well. You are always in my thoughts girl and think the world of you. I know you'll be taken care of your willingness to go through it all is most of the battle. You do what you've got to do and hang in there.
Hope you can post as soon as you can. I will be here.:)

Just want to "thank you" all for the warmth, support, prayers & comradery (? spelling) you've extended me.

I feel so blessed to be a member of this wonderful community because it's been thru your show of support & strength that has helped me enormously in regaining the willingness to go forward & not give up, as stated in dear Nancy's closing signature.

I'm on my way to get my pre-op work for Friday so until later, you all take care! :)

Sorry I'm late, but add me too!

Is it that you can't see Bonzo's picture or that you can't see who the person is in the picture?

Norma Jean you were an inspiration to me when I agreed to have both my valves replaced. You go for it girl. I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted.:D

Latest posts

Back