My on-going Saga...... An Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Well, I had my Right Heart Cath done Friday evening without any problems whatsoever.

I had my last dose of coumadin on Wednesday evening, so my INR Friday evening was at 2.5 which was perfect for the doctor to proceed w/the cath.

I did not feel a thing & it was all over in a little less than an hour. When my doctor finished, he gave me a "thumbs up" & said, "everything looks great sweetheart!" I was so relieved tears were streaming down my face!

I was then taken to recovery & ended up staying in recovery all night Friday because the hospital was full to capacity & they could not find a regular room for me to go to. The hardest part of the whole procedure was that I had to lay flat on my back for 14 hours without moving my right leg! My dear husband cut up a turkey sandwich & gave me some tea to drink while I lay there because by that time I was starving & begging for a drink of water. I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since 8:00 am on Friday morn.

My husband told me the doctor had told him that the pressures were down to less than half of what they had been & that the scar tissue that appeared to be have been obstructing the mechanical mitral valve before, were zip, gone, nada!

The doctor even put everything on a CD for me which I already looked at this morning. You can clearly see the valve, the stone in the middle of the valve going up & down like it's suppose to! I wish there was a way that I could share it with you but I don't know how? But it's absolutely amazing! :)

I have to go Tueday to see the doctor & get a full scoop of all his findings & recommendations & to see what' next on the agenda. But, I'm very optomistic & very hopeful at this point. And I feel great which is the most important thing of all!! :)

Have a great afternoon & a wonderful week & I will keep you updated!

Best regards,

Great news, Norma Jean! Glad you had such a positive experience, keep us posted!

All the best, Betsy

:):):):D:D:):):):)

errrm that means I'm very pleased for you ;)

Norma, it seems things are much better than you feared and I'm sure all will work out fine.

What wonderful news, Norma- so glad to hear it! Enjoy what's left of the weekend and I hope you treat yourself to a really special dinner to make up for your ordeal.

What Good News...... so happy to read this.

Please keep us updated after you see your doctor.

You must be so relieved! God works in mysterious ways and He sure was on your shoulder! :)

Norma,

Truly wonderful news. Glad things went smoothly also - a cath can be a bit annoying.

Hope things go just as well with your doctor visit.

Norma my dear friend, I'm so happy for the good news I hope it kepts pouring in.....I know that's a big relief to you and hubby. I'm cheering with you & praying everything is good and your next agenda will be coming to visit in AZ. :D
God bless you like I know he has.. :)

Good news Norma! :) so wonderful to hear. I'm happy for you and will cross my fingers for continued good news at your Tuesday appointmenr

Norma, you truly have made my day. As I was reading your post just now Glenn says "What's got you smiling?" :D

I hope you have a good discussion with your doctor on Tuesday!

Latest posts

Back