My last echo result, any comments??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debrinha GT

Hi there everyone! I was wonding how long I still have left before I need to have my fourth mitral valve replacement and I'd really appreciate your opinion on this one. I feel fine in general and here is what really matters in my last echo result done a couple of weeks ago. Everything else is normal.
Here it is:

Biological prothesis with slightly thickened cusps. Sufficient and competent opening. Maximum GRAD=14mmhg, Medium GRAD=06mmhg, valvular area(doppler)=2.00cm2. Increased left atrium. The internal dimensions of my left ventricle are normal.
There's no regurgitation or PH at all either.
Thank you!
Débora

It sounds good to me, but I don't know mitral valve measurements, just aortic.

Hi Debora. I don't think you could tell without comparing to your last few echos. I am now post-op over two years but your measurements now aren't very different then my measurements now.

Last March my mean mitral gradient was 8.45 and the peak wasn't mentioned. They weren't measured/recorded on my last echo report. My left atrium is still enlarged and my left ventricle is right at the upper limit of normal. When I had my surgery I think my MVA was 1.4 but I had moderate regurgitation in the valve as well.

I hope you stay feeling well for a long time yet and that surgery stays out there in the far future. You've been through so much already.

Hi Debora, even without a lot of medical knowledge that report sounds pretty good to me! Hope it means that you will be doing great for some time now without need for another MVR!

Any other comments/opinion??

Any other comments/opinion??

Thank you all so much for your replies. I know that I WILL need surgery sooner or later, but I'm so excited about my trip to New Zealand next year, that I couldn't even bear the thought of not being able to go. Is there anything at all I can do to help my valve remain as stable as possible for at least another year? I mean, I've read many posts here where it says that the narrower the valve gets, the quicker it will calcify. ??? My surgeon told me a year ago that once the opening to my mitral valve gets to 1,00cm2, it will be time to operate and the echo he saw then showed an opening to 2,68cm2, maximum GRAD=14mmhg - medium GRAD=07mmhg.
Débora

Latest posts

Back