My INR Software

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Excel User

Another Excel User

I'm also using Excel, it does not excellent job when using it as a flat data base table. I don't make any graphs in Excel but I do have a formulas to see my average. Any recording method will help provide visibility and spot any unusal trends so the $30 program is better than nothing but if your already keeping a record I would pass.

One side comment which may not be to surprising to anyone but I find it strange that after recording my INR for 30 months that there has never been any time when I've recorded consecutive values from one week to another. My INR numbers have always changed, sometimes small, sometimes not. I know that there are multiple drivers that affect INR (from day to day) but statistically you'd think that I'd get a same reading at some point. I always try and guess what my INR reading will be before I do the test and every time I'm wrong.

One side comment which may not be to surprising to anyone but I find it strange that after recording my INR for 30 months that there has never been any time when I've recorded consecutive values from one week to another. My INR numbers have always changed, sometimes small, sometimes not. I know that there are multiple drivers that affect INR (from day to day) but statistically you'd think that I'd get a same reading at some point. I always try and guess what my INR reading will be before I do the test and every time I'm wrong.

Nope, that's the nature of INR. It's Never Right.

Here's blanks of Ross's charts if anyone wants to use graphs. I cleaned them up a little. Just import into your favourite graphics program, and they should print on regular letter-sized paper (here in N. America, but A4 is not too much different. They are still just a tad rough, didn't want to spend all day on them!

I've always kept track of my readings, but I have never used a program or graph.
I simply use paper with the headings;
DATE DAY INR DOSAGE/NOTES

I don't see why a graph would be necessary.

Ditto, i create a blank spreadsheet with headings

date, day, inr, bicor, coversyl, mon, tues, wed, thur, fri, sat, sun, lipitor, notes

I then have one line per day of year for each year and print the entire year out and put it in a side bound folder.

As each day goes by i just record my inr if it's taken and if that was home/lab and the time of day. I tick when i take my bicor/coversyl and tick when i take my lipitor.

I also make notes if i'm feeling under the weather or doing something unusual around that time.

Then, when the following year comes along, if my inr spikes/drops (which it rarely does) i can look back at the previous year to see what i was taking then.

It's hand and flexible, i'd get bored of using software and having to turn a pc on to use it.

Regards.

Latest posts

Back