My INR is up!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozycat

Live in Mojave, Ca., "first private spaceport in t
Just got the results of my last blood test, and my INR is 2.56. That's its highest since mid-March. And I don't have to go back to feed the vampires for two weeks (how sweet that is). I've been on 18.75 mg for two weeks and the clinic people told me to continue with that as it does seem to bringing me up slowly.

I know it takes time to get this sorted out and I really haven't devoted much time to studying the INR/coumadin subject but realize it's time to get into it. There is so much info on this site and you are all so patient with us new users. I'm still trying to get myself back together from surgery (three months today) but must thank you all AGAIN for all your input on such a wide variety of subjects.

I did find out that it's true...you don't bleed to death from minor injuries. About ten days ago I got over-exhuberant about my walking, caught my foot on a rock and made a 5-point landing. I did cut the back of one hand pretty good and it bled a little longer than I'm used to but nothing scary. The scary part is how much you bruise. Both hand, both knees and one side of my chin were bruised beyond anything I've experienced before and they sure are taking their time going away, but I was forwarned about this before I signed on for my mech. valve.

Whatever comes along with this new valve, I'll deal with because I thank God every day that this type of surgery was available.

Big hugs for you all cause nobody can ever have enough of those.

Midge

TAKE PICTURES of your Battle Scars and record the rainbow of Color Variations as the bruises change.

You will point to them with Pride in years to come! :))

Ah, yes, the bruises. My first year on warfarin it seemed like I had them everywhere. Now, I only get a few, but when I do - they're real beauties. Maybe I've learned to be a little more careful about crashing into things or dropping stuff on myself - or maybe my skin has become tougher :D

Midge, congrats on the great INR.
Bruises......well, my very very very, best bruise was BEFORE Coumadin. A couple of weeks before.
My heart cath left my groin with a rainbow of purple, green and then yellow.
Sorry Al, no pics. ;) :)

I haven't noticed any more bruising on Coumadin than I've experienced over long years of being on aspirin. But then I haven't knocked myself silly yet, either. My INR's was up to 2.1 last week and I test again on Monday; the 20 mg. dose seems to be doing the trick. I'm now 6 weeks post, and things seem to be evening out.

Great news about your INR, CC; I guess we each have our own speed at which our bodies regulate this new "addition" to our systems.

Back