My historic day 50th valvsaversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all who responded.
In the late 50s this sort of stuff was not the norm it is today, and to have a surgeon that put his reputation on the line to operate on a poor sickly child I can only say thanks to Dr. Conrad Lam, a true pioneer in open heart surgery, who I did have an opportunity to talk to on the phone back in the mid 80s. He certainly remembered who I was, and sent me copies of all his surgical notes from the operation.

I can only hope that I can inspire and comfort those who come after me. I figure is some small way what I went through 50 years ago helped further the area of heart valve surgery. I guess that is my claim to fame. Life does exist after valve surgery!
I hope all that read this are in good health and stay that way for many many years to come.

and famous you are - look how far this surgery has come and you, for sure, have been a huge part of it. still kicking around, too. We are glad to know you. nice to see you again, DeWayne. keep on keepin on. Blessins........

I was still developing my bicuspid valve in the womb when you had your surgery to repair yours. Fortunately, mine wasn't an issue until I was 39. March 17th marked my rebirthday and I thank all the powers that I have been given these extra healthy-(ish) years to celebrate your milestone with you.

Take Heart and may you be here to tell us about your memories when you mark your diamond valvesary.
Pamela

Wow! You are an inspiration to all of us valvers! I'm only three years in, but I'm looking forward to my 50th as well! So awesome!
Love,
Debi (debster913)

yeah the chevelle is my daily driver. I also have a 72 GMC Sprint (looks like the El Camino).

Oh nice! Have any pics, by chance?

Wish I lived somewhere to have a nice, older car as my daily driver....

My current daily is my '87 MC LS/CL ... has been the daily driver since it replaced my former '00 Lumina LS coupe in mid-2003. I also have 4 other MCs ... 1972, 1976, 1979 and 1981 ... all spring/summer/fall cars only....

CONGRATULATIONS on your 50th ANNIVERSARY ... quite the milestone! :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Years and miles are flying by" ... Bon Jovi ... 'Lost Highway'

Congratulations you are an inspiration to every single person. I think you should be celebrating for the next 50 years hopefully. You just never know.

Back