My five year old incision scar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
To get this forum going again as per Angie's request to make it active, here's a piccie of my five year old incision scar which I took just now - with a shirt so I look decent ! There's a couple of very sensitive bumps at the top of the scar which must be wires - I suspect my body has covered them with bone ? They don't show on this photo which my iphone took.
IMG_0866.JPG

To get this forum going again as per Angie's request to make it active, here's a piccie of my five year old incision scar which I took just now - with a shirt so I look decent ! There's a couple of very sensitive bumps at the top of the scar which must be wires - I suspect my body has covered them with bone ? They don't show on this photo which my iphone took.
View attachment 887056

Good looking scar. Yes, at the top are the wires. They hurt me a lot after 6 months of surgery. Surgeon offered to remove them. I declined. Now , I barely feel them! I can hardly see my scar now, 11 years later!

Wow...your incision looks really good. I have some bumps on mine along with a nice keloid to finish off the look at the top of the incision. Makes for a conversation piece. :D

Well I was very cheeky this morning: I and DH went to a clothes shop for him to buy some new summer shirts. There was as near a tawdry shirt as I could find so I went into the changing room with DH and put it on over my top and quickly took a photo of my incision scar in a “tawdry” shirt - didn't get the full length of the scar though. That is a man’s tawdry shirt, though no palm trees on it ! DH did not buy it !

IMG_0874.jpg

Well I was very cheeky this morning: I and DH went to a clothes shop for him to buy some new summer shirts. There was as near a tawdry shirt as I could find so I went into the changing room with DH and put it on over my top and quickly took a photo of my incision scar in a “tawdry” shirt - didn't get the full length of the scar though. That is a man’s tawdry shirt, though no palm trees on it ! DH did not buy it !

View attachment 887059
Good job!

I think this is my first time posting but interested to know if anyone still has pain on the right side of their incision. I am 6 years post op and the right side of my chest still hurts quite a bit. Drs can’t find anything wrong so I am guessing it is just the way I got put back together!!! Pic of my scar since everyone else is doing it!! 😊

Hi Allison - yes I get pain on the right side of my sternum and some pain generally in my sternum. Cardiologist says it's costochondritis. It's not bad enough that I need to do anything about it. My sternum also makes clonking noises sometimes. Bumps at the top of my sternum where the wires are give sharp pain if I touch the skin there, but I'm not doing anything about that.

I think this is my first time posting but interested to know if anyone still has pain on the right side of their incision. I am 6 years post op and the right side of my chest still hurts quite a bit. Drs can’t find anything wrong so I am guessing it is just the way I got put back together!!! Pic of my scar since everyone else is doing it!! 😊

Back