my first post op adventure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes

well, I'm just about 3 months post op and decided to utilize my winter vacation for a fun adventure. I decided to do a 3-day 40km hike on an old Shinto pilgrimage route near Osaka. The moment my wife & I jumped on the train, however, my fever kicked in. "Uh, oh", I thought. "My first post op cold". The runny nose and cold soon followed suit, and our 3 day hike turned into 2 days of sleep and hot springs. I felt good enough by the 3rd day to go for a 14km hike. It sounds like a long way, but there wasn't much elevation gain. My heart did really well. No more leakage like I had before. My legs were really out of shape, but I just took a few more breaks than I usually do. Anyway, despite my initial sickness, I felt good for getting out of the city and getting a little fresh air and exercise. Now I have to prepare for New Year's Eve!

I am so jealous. Japan is definitely on my list of places to see. In fact, one of my SO's life dreams is to spend a year in Japan studying their swords. I am sure you know they have such an art in sword making and history.

Sorry to hear you became ill but it sounds like you pushed past it and achieved your goal anyway.

Congratulations on doing so well.

Sounds like you made the best of your adventure. I am 4 weeks post op and looking forward to a 3 month post op adventure. Thanks for the inspiration! I also love Japan and have been only once, but hope to return one day.

All the best, Betsy

Latest posts

Back