My Countdown Has Begun

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookjp

I wrote Andy yesterday about how my consultation with my surgeon was postponed today(He's in surgery all day).His assistant Mary called a couple of hours ago with not exactly the news I was hoping for.My grand plans for the minimal invasive procedure are out the window.They said they found an anuerism just below my valve.So now I not:) only need a new valve but a graft on the aorta.Have a heart cath next week hope I don't hit the trifecta and need by-pass also_Only good news she gave me an option for a date for surgery.Feb. 11th or March 11th.I told her to schedual it for Feb.11th so its official.Same reason as Dyna have to be ready for golf season here in Michigan.

Sorry about the aneurism and will keep my fingers crossed that the cath goes well next week. I put you on the calendar, so it's official!

I wrote Andy yesterday about how my consultation with my surgeon was postponed today(He's in surgery all day).His assistant Mary called a couple of hours ago with not exactly the news I was hoping for.My grand plans for the minimal invasive procedure are out the window.They said they found an anuerism just below my valve.So now I not:) only need a new valve but a graft on the aorta.Have a heart cath next week hope I don't hit the trifecta and need by-pass also_Only good news she gave me an option for a date for surgery.Feb. 11th or March 11th.I told her to schedual it for Feb.11th so its official.Same reason as Dyna have to be ready for golf season here in Michigan.

Mate, sorry to hear about the complication. I'm sure you've done the right thing in going ahead with the February date.
All the best,
Andy

JP,

Best they take care of all they can for the long hall. I hit the trifecta on Dec 19 with BAVR, several inches of Dacron for the ascending aorta, and one cornary graft harvested. It went well and I fell terrific. Hope you will too.

Best wishes... Vince

Thanks for all the well wishes.I know I should feel grateful but it sure would be a heck of alot easier if I had some kind of symptom.Anything but I feel teriffic now.I just hope I feel as good after the surgery.I won't be a happy camper if I lose any yardage off from my drives.At my age I need all the yards I can get!!! Thanks again everyone!!

Well sorry to hear about the dacron you will get, but hopefully your pipes will be clean and doctor won't have to deal with that. Just a couple more tests and then this will all be behind you so you can get better and go out and sink a hole in one:D:D:D Best Wishes for a successful surgery.

Well sorry to hear about the dacron you will get, but hopefully your pipes will be clean and doctor won't have to deal with that. Just a couple more tests and then this will all be behind you so you can get better and go out and sink a hole in one:D:D:D Best Wishes for a successful surgery.
Chris thanks for your best wishes.Also wondering if your happy with your edwards bovine valve.Thats the option I think I'm going if my surgeon uses them.I want to take the least drugs possibly after I get this behind me.Thanks:)

Chris thanks for your best wishes.Also wondering if your happy with your edwards bovine valve.Thats the option I think I'm going if my surgeon uses them.I want to take the least drugs possibly after I get this behind me.Thanks:)

Yes I am truly happy with my choice. I didn't know how crappy my body was feeling before my surgery. Now, I have lots of energy and since I am not real good about being consistent with my pills or my eating, this has worked perfectly for me. Hope you are as pleased with your outcome.:D

Hello,
I am new to the forum,but not to AVR.Mine was done 5-19-95 St Jude valve w/descending graft (Dacron) I too had a aneurysm on my aorta it was double it's size.I wish you well on your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery as well.

Sorry to read your news, wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Sorry to read your news, wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
To Curtsmum; Thank-you for your words of encouragement.To all out there I've been sitting here the last couple of days thinking how truly lucky I am.Don't get me wrong I'm not looking forward to my upcoming surgery at all.But it could have been one of my three girls or my wife with this condition.So I thank God its me and not one of them.I've got the easy part.To all the parents out there who have a child going thru this I only wish you the best because I can't imagine the pain and fear you're going thru.Thanks again to everyone!!!!I STILL FEEL GOOD!!!:)

To Curtsmum; Thank-you for your words of encouragement.To all out there I've been sitting here the last couple of days thinking how truly lucky I am.Don't get me wrong I'm not looking forward to my upcoming surgery at all.But it could have been one of my three girls or my wife with this condition.So I thank God its me and not one of them.I've got the easy part.To all the parents out there who have a child going thru this I only wish you the best because I can't imagine the pain and fear you're going thru.Thanks again to everyone!!!!I STILL FEEL GOOD!!!:)

Arg you brought a tear to my eye. Thanks jp. Only way i get thru it is same as everbody else no choice. You may find that you do have some symptoms but just didn't relise it. Anyway glad you are feeling good and hope you are back to playing golf soon, all the best.

Hey everyone finally got some good news.Had my cath today and have very good arteries.So I didn't hit the trifecta and no by-pass for me.Cath was very uneventful no pain or problems whatsoever.I told you I FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!So its on to surgery Feb. 11th.

Latest posts

Back