My 3 Week Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stopper

Well, it's been 3 weeks now since my AVR and I am really feeling good. Although I had a setback, 1 1/2 weeks out, with pericardial effusion that needed to be drained, this whole process has been so much easier than I envisioned. The pain was never out of control, my energy level is returning, and my sleeping is getting much better. Last night was my first night sleep completely flat using just one pillow, and I actually spent some time sleeping on my side. My walking is improving each day, I am currently walking about 1+ miles three times a day. My wife has been so awesome, I can't imagine going through this without her support. I am planning on attending some high school football this coming Friday, along with going out to dinner tonight for the first time. Everything seems to be going back to normal.

I still having a lot of bruising around where my chest tubes were, and where the heparin shots were given (that was probably the worst part of this whole thing). I will get another echo on Wednesday to see if the fluid is gone from around my heart. Overall, God is good and I feel very blessed to be where I am at this quickly post surgery.

Good news! I'm nearly 1.5 weeks out myself. My chest tube incisions look noticeably worse than the sternum incision, this wasn't something I was prepared for.

Keep up the hard work and progress!

Latest posts

Back