MRI question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jag004

I'm 18 months out of AVR surgery. I had a bovine valve implanted and Dacron graft for aneurysm repair. I scheduled an MRI for my neck and back for today. 2 weeks ago I had received a call back from my surgeons office(not the surgeon himself) saying that it was fine to have MRIs done. I also brought my Info card from the Edwards Company describing my valve today. I was in the MRI machine for an hour. Almost immediately after I have tingling all in my chest and back, on the left side. It's going on 11 hours now. I'm starting to get scared. Is it possible something metal was used during surgery? Do you think is was just an hour of constant vibration that's causing tingling to my heart? Does anyone have insight or an opinion on this? Could it be the anxiety I had from being in that tight MRI..? Also, I'm not in pain. Just tingling and slightly short of breath. Thanks.

Hi jag004,
I can only respond to your post with my own MRI experience. I had a bovine aortic valve implanted as well, but no Dacron graft. I recently underwent an MRI to assess a dilated ascending aorta. I, too was in the MRI for a good hour. I didn't experience any tingling sensation during the testing or after the fact. Could the tingling be from being in the same position for an hour? Did you have a contrast dye used such a gadolineum?
If you are really concerned, could you contact the hospital where you had your MRI?
Wishing you all the best,

Latest posts

Back