Movin' & Groovin' begins! 2008 10 24

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hey, everyone! It's the first week of....

AAVarietyHomepageforPartySpot240x34.jpg

MovinandGroovin.jpg

I'll go first:

6 days at the barn (my kid's on vacation!) Just being there means 1 - 3 miles of walking.

3 jump lessons -- one finally back up to 2'6 for the first time since surgery!

1 flat lesson/training session on my baby horse

Longed baby horse twice (includes jogging on my part)

1 neighborhood walk with my daughter

6 days bedtime stretching exercises

Let's see:
Total 80 minutes of agility for the week, and 60 minutes of elliptical/weights/stability ball work. More of the same scheduled for tonight (goal another 60 minutes).

I Need to add some good walks next week.

1 mile walk around school track. 3 X's this week.
Threw tennis ball for very hyper Rottwieler (Roxie) for 30 minutes, 5 X's this week. Whew, wish I had the energy that darn dog has....

I started my cardiac rehab last Monday and had gone three time this week. It felt great despite the PVCs that showed up on EKG while on the bike. The nurse thinks they will disappear with exercise!!
So, on daily basis at the Rehab center:
treadmill for 15 mins.,
bicycle: 10 mins.,
Nu step 15 mins. Total of 40 mins./day ----TOTAL 120min/week

Plus walking at nights with my hubby for another 30 minutes.

How about cooking activity? I have started cooking again, and I started doing the grocery shopping.:)

Had physical therapy for knee for 45 mins; they will evaluate me next week to see if I need any more. Hope so, because I enjoy it.

Have grandkids ages 5 and 2 visiting for weekend, so keeping up with them will be lots of moovin' and groovin'.

Planted mums in the front flowerbeds.

Biked around the neighborhood for half an hour last evening. Don't know how far that would be -- is there a bike pedometer out there?!?! Would that be called a 'bikometer'??:D

Going to see the Shirelle's tonight -- aka - dancin' in the aisle..:D Anybody old enough here to remember them?!?!:eek:

Planted mums in the front flowerbeds.

Biked around the neighborhood for half an hour last evening. Don't know how far that would be -- is there a bike pedometer out there?!?! Would that be called a 'bikometer'??:D

Going to see the Shirelle's tonight -- aka - dancin' in the aisle..:D Anybody old enough here to remember them?!?!:eek:

Yes to both your questions, they do make a pedometer for your bike, look in sporting good section or bike store.

And yes I am old enough to remember the Shirelle's. I'm jealous. Remember "Foolish Little Girl"? I played that for my daughter when she was in just such a situation.....:cool:

Ponygirl-you make the horse training/jumping sound like alot of fun.
I think this is the type of activity that is easy to stick with.

Okay , I'm late, but for me this week, here goes:
*14 rounds of 15 min sessions of working with light weights,
some ballet exercises.
*2 long walks of 20-30 city blocks
*1 30 min bike ride
*2 hours of dancing..all types of music..a really good work out
and lots of fun.Rock is best for burning calories ;)
*Household drudgery- cleaning/waxing/buffing hardwood floors
*Giving Misty a bath(this cat is a 22 pound Norwegian) and exerted
much energy!
I guess its "movin" week.

Dumb me, I posted just a day, not the whole week.

Basically, I had three one hour sessions of knee PT, with 10-15 minutes of exercise biking included.

Walked the loyal dog most every day for about a mile each time, including the first hilly walks since surgery.

Did some exercise-biking in my basement while watching the World Series. )Go, Rays!) :)

Now trying to keep with up grandkids -- now, THAt is exertion! :p

Hmm...lesssee...

Walking during my breaks at work ... 15 minutes each ... about 4 times last week. During GOOD weather, I go 9 times (morning and afternoon break Monday-Thursday; afternoon break Friday)

Exercises (stretches, pushups, etc.) morning and evening ... more so in the evening

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

So did you do them this week?

Well, considering this is only Sunday night, the first day of the week, no.

But, since this thread was for October 24, I guessed it was for the week ending Friday, October 24.... In THAT case, yes, these were for that week ending Friday, October 24. :)

OMG! Does this cat have claws?
Yes!! But she is very sweet and has never scratched me. Afterwards,however
she is a little put-out with me,giving me a look like "and I trusted you!".
It usually takes atleast a day and a little tuna for full forgiveness. It also
helps that by this time she has returned to her full form of fluffiness:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back