Movember

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

This is an FYI post for anyone who perhaps has an interest or connection to the mens health areas of depression and/or colon cancer.

There is a charity event called MOVEMBER which runs during the month of november. It runs in England, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Spain.......see www.movember.com.au for further info.

Us men are encouraged to grow a moustache and look rediculous for the entire month for the reason of raising charity donations....

Anyway, i've entered and if you go to www.movember.com.au and click on the link for 'sponsor a mo' and enter my registration number of 70454 you can make a donation on-line...my name should be confirmed as Dave Rankin, Perth, Western Australia.

We have entered as a company and every $ we raise will be matched by our company, last year we raised $10k and are hoping to raise much more. I was unable to take part last year as my chest was being cracked open for a new aortic valve so need to pick up the slack from that lazy showing :rolleyes:

Now i by no means expect anyone to actually make a donation as i myself would be unsure about doing so on-line, especially for someone i had never met in person but i just thought i'd make it known so that if this subject is close to your heart you had the choice to do so.

You can also search by name so perhaps if you don't want to make a donation against myself you could search for any friends/aquaintances you may have and donate against them rather than myself. Or of course you could also take pitty on the poor scraggy looking co-worker who shows up at your cubicle asking to be sponsored during this month rather than laugh and send him on his way.

I'd assume that any donations you make will be tax deductable as they are here in Australia....

Anyway, the word has been spread a little.

Regards.

Latest posts

Back