Montrealer`s update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montrealer

Hey guys. Well it`s been one Month today that I`ve been back at work. Everything`s great .....pretty much pain free except .......for the one in my ass over the freak`in frigid winter we`re having here in Montreal. My INR is a steady 3.1 and I`m down to testing once a month. Will start my self testing training with my family doctor in the next couple of weeks.
I`m taking my wife on a Caribbean cruise on April 5th. And I`m still enjoying life with my wine ,single malts and eating my greens.
It`s been 6 months since I`ve quit smoking and don`t miss it at all .....well except my cubans with my scotch but a small price to pay.
So to all of those whom are just starting the recovery stage just be patient "Time Heals All Wounds"...........Bon Soir le monde........

What a great update! I know you're going to enjoy that Caribbean cruise!:)

Thanks for the update -- it's encouraging to hear how well you are doing! Especially since I am in the early days of recovery and measure my progress in teeny tiny increments.
I have a little bit of cabin fever due to the cold weather and icy sidewalks here too. I'm glad you have the cruise to look forward to!:)
All the best,
Dale

Montrealer, sounds like you're getting a good handle on your life with a "valve". Keep the positive attitude.....and yeah, I miss my cigars too. Docs finally got me to quit about 5 years ago:mad:.

Glad you are feeling so well, have a great cruise.Wishing you a continude good recovery. All the best

Just had my check-up by the family Doctor on Friday. Night and Day he told me as he listened to my heart. I`ve gain a few more pounds and now I`ll start my new "LifeStyle" eating regime.
INR is where it should be at 3.1. BP at 134/70. Nice not to have those chest pains anymore.Getting ready for my cruise in 5 weeks . Life`s just been peachy..........

As far as living with the coumadin it`s no longer an issue. Keeping regular is the secret. I did forget my dose a few times so now I keep a few pills at work in my desk for such events...........

Latest posts

Back