Mo betta!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhayley

Hi folks!:D Just wanted to peep in and say hello and tell you that I have succesfully managed my coumadin (although the coumadin clinic thinks they did:rolleyes: ) for almost a year. My INR was 6.1 a few days ago and guess what......I didn't freak out:cool: Held a dose...no veggies for din din and a few days later......4.1. I am good!!!! Of course the coumadin clinic said "hold your dose a couple days and call the on call doctor Sat. if your not at 3.5". WOW......I DIDN'T FREAK OUT;) So I'm comfortable with my dosing skills and have come to see that it's not such a big deal. (remember I'm the pole vaulter) I am bruised up a little but poke fun at my honey and tell him he best behave or I will blame them on him! :eek: HA! just teasing! Okay so I hope all of you are doing damn good and your summer has been as freaking awesome as mine!!!!!!!:) :) :) Thanks be to Zoloft!;)

Hayley:

Ain't it great to have that comfortable feeling about managing your Coumadin? It's also very empowering to know how to deal with "rat poison," when so many medical professionals are still in a fog about the drug. ;) ;)

Glad you're doing OK.

correction.

correction.

OOPS! I didn't proof read my post so good. I was just to excited about getting the news out.:D I held one dose and ate LOTS O veggies. Why I said no veggies is beyond me. Course I just re-dyed me hair and you know how that goes. Anywho I didn't want people to think No veggies with high inr's so folks....eat yer veggies when yer high ok!:D

Broccoli is good!...great to see you smiling face Hayley...
It really is a good feeling not to be scared of the Coumadin and to be the master of it...
I have the same "arrangement" with my nurse ;) it works really well!

Thanks For The Smile!

Thanks For The Smile!

Hayley, Thanks for sharing the cheer! Love your sense of humor!:D A big hug of congrats to you! Brian

Thank you for your responses....I also need to mention that not only me, but feel Al and Gina and Karlynn played a huge part (O:eek: did I mention Ross??? and Mr. Capshaw and o my.......cat woman, bryan.....Hank:) The list is endless......SO......Along with VR.COM I have successfully managed me coumadin (spice o life) for almost a year. Huge thanks to all!!! :)

Hayley,

Glad things are going so smoothly for you these days. Isn't it interesting how excited we can all get from sticking ourselves with sharp objects, making our fingers bleed and then playing with a small chemistry set?;) :D ;) Makes me feel like a kid again sometimes.

Anyway, much better to be your own vampire than visiting one at a dreary lab.

Keep up the great work, lab partner.

Latest posts

Back