mitral valve op date changed to 22nd

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano89

i have just had a call to say my date has been moved to the 22nd oct so can you please change it on your calender thanks .some one more urgent needs the slot ,
will have to go in at 10am on the 21st so they can retake bloods as my original pre-op was on 22nd sept so they will need to be redone.
the waiting is hard but i fully understand the hospital has to treat the more urgent first just pleased i have time to wait still the only symptom i am experiencing is tiredness but thats probably in part the anxiety of the wait
so the count down begins again! .

Really sorry for the delay. It's hard. Try to keep as busy as you can to make the time pass. Your surgery will be here before you know it and you can get on with recovery.

thanks Bina and jkm7 just glad it was changed sooner rather than on the day or day before , still tough especially as i was well into count down modeand preparing myself for the day. but fully understand that these things are unavoidable. still the lady who phoned siad i am first on the list next time and hopefully wont need to move me again .just got to get the diary all cleared for the new date now.
as for keeping busy my daughters seen the plus side of the delay she wants her room changing round, rials and shelves putting up tv moved etc etc ,and i am sure they will all be thinking what else i can do in the next 3 weeks!!LoL

Sorry to hear that, Dean 089. I know how disappointing it can be when a surgery date gets changed. I can keep you company if you would like. :)
Yesterday, I was thinking "today was supposed to be the big day" and in a way I felt a little relief that it is still a few weeks away. Not sure how long that will last! I thinks its called avoidance.
Hang in there and don't forget to do some nice things for yourself over the next few weeks as well.

i definitely get the relief bit . that was my first thought! even though i know its only delayed it! also i had been thinking in the context of this time next week.. i will be going in.... having the op and it will all be over by now etc etc transposing each day of this week as though its next week,been quite a difficult week then as i say the relief, but now i have to go through it all again
today all i have done is sleep on and off think its a come down from all the build up

These things happen. It really shouldn't make a difference in the long run. I remember how hard the wait was though. I was so antsy to get it over with and felt too worn out and short of breath to really enjoy the time. We will be here waiting with you.

Latest posts

Back