Miss you guys, but coming here gets me mad.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Relate

I Relate

Hi RvUsa, everyone!
Just wanted to say that I can totally relate with your post! I had went into denial, anger and depression too! Just want to let you know that you're not alone in this!

Just to share my story a bit, I knew I'd need surgery soon for my BAV; so I totally went into denial. Didn't want to do the surgery, of course, but also was hard to believe that I actually needed this major thing done. I then had put off going to my cardiologist for 3 years! Bad move on my part. But that's how strong denial can be.

When I started becoming extremely symptomatic is when I finally made that cardio appointment! Extreme symptoms. Came to find out I had deteriated so dramatically in those 3 years, that I was scheduled for the surgery within 2 weeks of that cardio visit! Wow. I guess my point is, don't let that denial get you. I wish I hadn't. I've learned from it, thankfully. I have become more proactive in my healthcare, thanks mainly to the people on this site!

Hang in there! Luv, ~Karen

Last edited:
I stayed off for a while too, and can't really explain why. I just needed to stop focusing on it so much. But I do feel bad not giving back to the community that has supported me - totally understand how you feel in that regard.

I am truly sorry you are having such trouble with the insurance companies. I can't imagine how that must feel. I wish I could offer some more advice...but I don't know how you guys all do it. No system is perfect, but you are really getting the short end.

In any case - thinking of you, and hoping something good happens soon!

ML

We have had a hard time getting the forms to filled out for cobra health insurance. My husbands company was brought out and they closed the Atlanta office. After many emails and phone calls they kept telling us they were in the mail. After two and half months they finally email us the forms. It wasn' t until I call them and told them that I had called the GA insurance commissioner and if we needed to to contect a lawyer we would not just sue them for health insurance but also for all the anxiety that they put us thorough, they email us the forms that day. Ten days ago my husband had a stress induced heart attack. In nine days our health insuarance cards should be activated. That is what the form said!!! The life flight was $13,000 the hospital $48,000. I would call your insurance commissiner for your state. My sister had call the insurance commissiner for some medical expenses for her husband and they help her out. My husband is doing well and he has his follow up visit on Tuesday. The docter told me that he is not to have any stress and the bills are starting to come in. We now both have our weekly pill box.

Good luck. Also maybe you should go to the business office for the hospital you want to have your surgery at and talk to them. Before my husband was discharge from the hospital someone from financial aid and a social worker came to talked to us because I told them that our health cards were not active and I refuse to sign the form for being responsible for payment. The hospital may be able to help advise you on what you should do. At the hospital talk to someone from financial aid and a social worker. Catholic hospital have more money for financial aid. The catholic hospital my husband was at also sent us a list of clinics, assistance programs and patient pharmaceutical assistance programs for the state of GA.

Reb

Latest posts

Back