Mileage Throwdown 9-19

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Debbie for inviting me to join the fray.
Here are my distances ending Friday 9/19:

Swim 3,175 yards - 25 yard pool
Bike 50.5 miles - 8 miles were on a machine
Run 13.3 miles - 5.2 miles were on a dreadmill

My weekly volumes are deliberately in balance (approximately) with the standard sprint triathlon distances - 750 meter swim, 12 mile bike, 5k run.

The 8.1 mile run on Sunday was my longest in 1.5 years.

WOW! So when do you eat and sleep?

I'm worn out just reading your statistics!:D

Jim

Tommy,

When I swim, I count 50 yards as 1 lap, and 36 laps (1800 yards) is just a little over 1 mile. So I think you swam about 2 miles?
I thought I would add my two cents:eek: in the event Tom didn't have the conversion.

Mary said:
When I swim, I count 50 yards as 1 lap, and 36 laps (1800 yards) is just a little over 1 mile.
I guess I cheat by 10 yards when I count 1750 yards as a mile, but what's 10 yards between friends?

skeptic49 said:
WOW! So when do you eat and sleep?
This past week's volumes (plus warm-up and warm-down) took me about 8 hours. Plenty of time to eat and sleep. BTW.....I hve been eating less - down 30 lbs.........and I sleep very well.:D

I haven't been around for a while, so many of you may not know that Mary was very encouraging for me when I started swimming several years ago when I got into triathlon. Thanks again, Mary!!! You may be interested to know that I've gotten my mile time under 34 minutes.

I guess I cheat by 10 yards when I count 1750 yards as a mile, but what's 10 yards between friends?

It's not cheating; I'm just lazy so round up to 1800!:eek:
This past week's volumes (plus warm-up and warm-down) took me about 8 hours. Plenty of time to eat and sleep. BTW.....I hve been eating less - down 30 lbs.........and I sleep very well.:D

I haven't been around for a while, so many of you may not know that Mary was very encouraging for me when I started swimming several years ago when I got into triathlon. Thanks again, Mary!!! You may be interested to know that I've gotten my mile time under 34 minutes.

That's fantastic, and I'm jealous!:pI'll keep practicing and hope you're around to offer encouragement!:)

Here's mine:
Sat. 4.2
Sun 19.2
Tue 5.3
Thur 5.8
Fri 4.3

Total 38.8
Missed biking this week. St. George Marathon Oct 4. (Two years to the day of my surgery. :)

Total so far this week, 564 miles, puts us about 60 miles short of Rapid City...this is unknown territory for me, so if anybody knows anything about this area, let us know where we are and what to do!:)

If that's Rapid City, South Dakota, then we are very close to Mount Rushmore. Beautiful to see...if it's not raining and cloudy, like the last time I was there.

That's one place I've never been. I checked the map and it's just 24 miles south of I90 on Rte 16. Could we take a little side trip? Can we, can we huh? Besides I've gotta go to the bathroom. I've been holding it since Chicago.

It took me about 24 years to accumulate enough running miles to go all the way around the world. That's something like 24,900.

I did not mention this in my earlier post because I thought it was a minor inconvenience but on the way to the bathroom this morning I kicked the bed post:mad: and my toe is now three times the normal size and black and blue .... hurts like the devil :mad:... please allow this selfish rant ... many more here with real problems.:eek:

Hey John, I'm afraid I'll not be able to beat you this week :(
On Sunday I got called to the hospital because my dad broke
his hip and I just got home from 3 days in the hospital, FUN :rolleyes:
I'll be going back tomarrow for some more fun.
I did have my walking shoes with me, so whenever my dad was
sleeping I got out of the hospital and took a walk.
I hope to be back in the saddle next week!
Debbie :)

Debbie,
No problem, we can postpone the competition until next week. I hope everything goes well for your dad.
Take care,
John

I too am glad to to have the map link. Looks like we're all on the same team! Can we use the swim mileage to get across the ocean?:rolleyes:

Debbie, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he recovers 100% and quickly.

Jack, 24,000 miles in 24 years is some dedication and good health!

Cooker, because of the Warfarin and Plantar Fasciitis, I seldom go barefoot anymore. Yes, some have more serious problems, but a toe that size can get in the way of good mileage.

Jack, 24,000 miles in 24 years is some dedication and good health!

I'm closing in on 32,000 now. A thousand miles a year isn't really all that much. It averages to 19.2 per week, 2.75 per day. I have some 0 mile weeks in winter and some 30+ weeks in the fall, so I'm usually at least close to 1000. Back in the 80s I would have done 1500 per year. Marathon runners generally do about 2000 per year.

Latest posts

Back