Merry Christmas

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryj

Sitting here at work wondering if anyone else is working on Christmas Eve. I feel like I am all alone here. I have been here 23 years and this is the first time I have not had the day off or gotten to go home early. We have a new Supervisor and his policy is no-one goes home early. He left at noon. The good part is next Christmas Eve is a holiday for us and then I retire the next year. So,at least I won't have to ever work it again. I know, be glad I have a job. Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sitting here at work wondering if anyone else is working on Christmas Eve. I feel like I am all alone here. I have been here 23 years and this is the first time I have not had the day off or gotten to go home early. We have a new Supervisor and his policy is no-one goes home early. He left at noon. The good part is next Christmas Eve is a holiday for us and then I retire the next year. So,at least I won't have to ever work it again. I know, be glad I have a job. Merry Christmas Everyone!

Terry,
Everyone in my family is working today, except me ;) and I'm watching a grandchild and baking a turkey, so that's a little bit of work!:p Maybe this will cheer you up . . . it has for me!
Merry Christmas!!!

Love came down at Christmas;
Love all lovely, love divine;
Love was born at Christmas,
Star and angels gave the sign.

Christina Rossetti

Sue, your meanie supervisor should not have had the nerve to go home early.....
My hubby, my BIL, and my daughter's BF all finished work at noon today and they don't go back until January 5th.
Merry Christmas!

I don't work outside of the home, however, I feel like I had a full days work today getting our car loaded up to head out to our cabin. My husband usually takes off for about 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years so he has been home this whole week, but we own our own business so we can make the rules. As for his employees, he gives them each a couple of extra "holiday" days each year that they can choose to use to piggyback whichever holidays they want.

My wife had to work 5am to 11 am today. The company couldn't afford to give them anything for Christmas, but they sure found the money to sponser the Cleveland Indians baseball team and pay for their fireworks displays. :mad:

Merry christmas Terry and i,m only one not working today

Still on dr. orders till surgery,but had enough visits from work

employees here at home today,still stop off and on to say hi and

family all home now . But i'm checking in here often to get a break

from all (my hiding Place) to check in on VR family.:p:D (lol)

zipper2 (DEB)

Terry,

Our office closes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But, we only have New Year's Day off ... not New Year's Eve.

My previous jobs ... I had to work Christmas Eve ... and NOT go home early :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Blast = 01/17/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I can't remember who I was back then" ... Tim McGraw ... 'Red Ragtop'

Well,considering we are living in an apartment with very loud upstairs neighbors Christmas was okay. My son and his family said they are going to come down from Tenn. next year for Christmas. I turned in my vacation request for the week of Christmas off today. If I don't get it maybe I will just retire 7 months early. We went by our house to check the mail on Saturday and they sure aren't making much progress on my house. Maybe once the holidays are over they will get busy. It still smells very strongly of smoke inside and its just so sad to go inside of it.

Latest posts

Back