meet for coffee/chat? (Los Angeles)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree - too long a drive either way. I can go as far as Orange County comfortably for a day trip (about 1.5- 2 hours each way without traffic). If it works better for the most people to have it further north, I certainly would understand, just thought I'd put my oar in the water.

Dan

Chris said:
I know this is lapsing a bit, but at the moment the Academy Awards are going into the theatre where I work. Consequently, my schedule isn't set in stone and I am a little hesitant to schedule something knowing that on short notice I might not be able to make it. That being said, how would everyone feel about making the meet & greet for Saturday March 3rd? 6:30pm? Downtown LA?

So is this happening tomorrow? Where exactly in DTLA will it be?

Hey chaconne,
Looks like this might not be happening as originally planned. But will check back tomorrow to see if any one has any idea's. Maybe we can come to a concensus for a later date.

Unfortunately tomorrow won't work for me. We are busy getting ready have our condo house fumigated on Monday morning. We are returning on Thursday and will be busy next weekend too.

Is it OK to meet early afternoon instead of evening? I do not like to drive at night, unless it is a short distance and a familiar road. But, if Michael is coming with Deb, I could bring my hubby and then he will do the driving :D.

OKAY HOW ABOUT, SATURDAY MARCH 17TH 2012 AT 7:00PM ST PATRICK'S DAY?

We can meet here for eats? MIGHT BE PACKED BECAUSE OF ST. PATTYS? I PICKED IT AT RANDOM.

Wurstküche
4.0 star rating
3166 reviews Rating Details
Hot Dogs, German, Gastropubs
800 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Neighborhood: Downtown
(213) 687-4444
www.wurstkuche.com

Or We can meet at the Griffith Observatory?

WHATS THE VOTE?

OKAY HOW ABOUT, SATURDAY MARCH 17TH 2012 AT 7:00PM ST PATRICK'S DAY?

We can meet here for eats? MIGHT BE PACKED BECAUSE OF ST. PATTYS? I PICKED IT AT RANDOM.

Wurstküche
4.0 star rating
3166 reviews Rating Details
Hot Dogs, German, Gastropubs
800 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Neighborhood: Downtown
(213) 687-4444
www.wurstkuche.com

Or We can meet at the Griffith Observatory?

WHATS THE VOTE?

Saturday the 17th ought to be good for me, either location is fine by me.

thanks,
Chris

escargome said:
OK, three votes for the Observatory. What time?

We could meet at 7:00pm, on the right side of the main entrance doors. I, for one, could make sure I'm there a little before 7:00pm and wear my blue On-X valve T-shirt which says "powered by On-X". We could then catch some desert at the "Cafe at the end of the Universe". There are plenty of places to sit and chat.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to meeting everyone. However, since it is after dark I will be bringing my hubby along. Hope it is OK. He too has a zipper on his chest for OHS in Aug. 2004 (triple bypass).

Sorry, all, I will not be able to attend the 17th. I've already made other plans. :( I hope, that if you all decide to get together again, we can set another date for another gathering!

Best,
Debi

escargome,

No problem bringing your husband. I was planning to see if I could get a baby sitter and bring my wife.

Debi,

Sorry to hear you won't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe another time.

All,

Bear in mind that it may be crowded up at the observatory, and you may have to park a bit down from the top.

-Steve

escargome,

No problem bringing your husband. I was planning to see if I could get a baby sitter and bring my wife.

Debi,

Sorry to hear you won't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe another time.

All,

Bear in mind that it may be crowded up at the observatory, and you may have to park a bit down from the top.

-Steve

Dude I'm getting really excited about all this! I hope its not too packed, and parking is not a drag I hate that. Either way I'm pumped! BTW 7PM meet time is good.

[QUOTE-Julian]I've invited Seth via email, hopefully he can make it.[/QUOTE]

Is Seth the one who had trouble with valve thumping in his chest?

Back