medicine making me sick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

Hey everyone i am new to this. Just found out last month i have avr. I felt find now i feel like crude. I have no energy by evening time. I have a six year old little boy and do not have time to be sick. I am taking coreg and monopril. The medicine suppose to lower my bp so i can postpone surgery for as long as possible. But the meds drain me. I had chf 6 years ago when my son was born and now this. They say there is no way i had avr then because they would not have missed it. Great luck right !! Anyway the doctors say it is moderate leaking. I am considering not taking the monopril but everyother day. Or does anyone no how to get your bp up when it is tooo low. Mine is running 94/60. Thanks so much

Hello and welcome to the funny farm!

It would be best to call your Doctor and see about dropping the monopril. Coreg will still leave you tired, but not like the combo of both. The other thing is, you may be showing signs of a more significant leak. In other words, you may not feel better until you have surgery.

Just a couple of random thoughts. I wonder why you had congestive heart failure in the first place that was apparently found six years ago. Usually, there is some precipitating factor such as valvular disease, coronary artery disease or infection such as viral cardiomyopathy. One wonders about having aortic valve problems at that time but perhaps you were evaluated for that via echo and not found, but it just makes me wonder. The blood pressure that you mention of 94/60 seems to me to be a bit low if you are normally higher than that. In other words. some people have a 'natural' blood pressure in that realm and get around just fine, but if your blood pressure is usually higher than that prior to the blood pressure medication, then it may be contributing to your lethargy and fatigue. Coreg is a type of medication called beta-blockers that, in some people, cause tiredness. I sure wouldn't take yourself of the medications by yourself though. I would talk to your doctor about it. I hope all goes well for you. Please feel free to ask any questions as there as a lot of good people here on this site that are plenty helpful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm also on Coreg and yes, the fatigue it causes can really be a problem. I agree with tcopel that your BP is pretty low and as Ross said, check with your doctor.

Wishing you the best and keep us posted.

Cheers,
Michelle

Thanks to all for your replies. The doctors say the chf 6 sixs ago was brought on by toxemia after i gave birth to my son. They claim it is not related to the avr but I still feel they are related. I feel the avr was over looked some how. They say there is no way they could have missed this much leakage. Don't really know. Got a second opinion from some great doctors at Duke Universary. Just going to take it daily. Thanks sooooooooooooooo much

Latest posts

Back