Mechanical valve without coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John M.

A person who sounds like she knows what she is talking about told me last week that the FDA is soon to approve a new mechanical valve that is medication treated like the new drug eluting stents, and that this new valve will not require life-long Coumadin treatment. Does anyone have any information on this and when it is expected to be available in the United States?

Sounds like a GREAT idea, but I'm glad I'm not in the 'evaluation group', just in case it ends up like the infamous Silzone treated valve.

'AL'

I've heard rumors, but at this point that's all they are. If I hear more anytime soon, I will be sure to post it.

Sounds great. But like Al pointed out....I would not want to be in trial. Too risky.

Decided anything new on the market for something this crucial will have to prove itself over a long period of time before consideration.

Look under the forum New Advancements. You will have to change the setting that says "Show Threads" from "last 30 days" to "from the beginning".

There is discussions about the various things which members have researched.

Sounds like a dream come true. Let's hope the darn thing works.
Kev

I wonder if your friend meant that the FDA was going to let clinical trials start? My wife worked at Cordis for several years prior to the Cypher stents getting approved for sale in the US this year. The trials themselves were big news.

It certainly sounds like a logical next step. Funny how my interest is starting to wane now that I have a shiny new mechanical valve. Kind of like buying a new computer, then stop looking at the advances so you don't feel bad about it being obsolete in 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back