Mara's Surgery #2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi, this is David again. I just got back from the hospital again tonight. Mara is doing really great. We got a phone call at 8am this morning to say that her 3 chest tubes were now gone. When I went to see her at 10am for visiting hours, she was moved out of the ICU and into the regular ward. The catheter is gone, as are all of the I.V.s. She is still on Oxy-cotin tablets, and some stuff to make her less nauseated. The sorest part she says is her shoulder, because her arm was strapped to a board for the proceedure. She told me to say hi to everyone, and to thank you all for your kind messages of support.
Mara is still a bit fuzzy and groggy from the anesthetic, but apart from that she feels really good.
As for me, I feel as if we are through the worst, and I would like to thank everyone for making this ordeal a bit easier for Mara. She really appreciatres all of the support you guys give her. Thanks!
David

Good news

Good news

Thanks for the update ..delighted to hear of Mara's continued progress ...give her our love ..take care of yourself too David
Scottie

Congrats Mara!

Congrats Mara!

No more waiting for either of us. I had mine a few days prior to you, so we are post-op buddies!

I was so pleased to hear you are doing well.
Once you are better, we would really like to hear about how you feel and your thoughts on the Ross Procedure (if that's what you ended up with - sometimes they change things at the last minute).

Keep well, stay positive and have a quick and complication-free recovery!
Kev

Go Kevin and Mara

Go Kevin and Mara

So glad to hear that both of you are safely on the other side now. You will be amazed at how fast our bodies recover from such a thing.

And thank the lord for pain killers.

Wonderful to hear that Mara is doing well. We'll continue to pray that she has a smooth recovery.

David And Mara -

So glad to hear the news. All is well in the world today - another heart friend has had a successful surgery. There have been so many postings of GOOD NEWS over the last weeks. It is wonderful. Tell Mara hello and we look to see her posts in the future.

Take Care -
Tammy

Mara and David,

So happy to hear how well things are going!

Dianne

Great News! And, thanks, David, for keeping us posted so timely. You must be feeling very relieved, I'm sure.

You bet, the worst is over, and soon Mara will be feeling like a million bucks. That's usually when it's time to stop taking the pain killers so she can know how she really feels! Just kidding, but, she really will feel like a million bucks once she get's over the pain and discomfort, and whatever little bumps on the road she may encounter.

Looking forward to hearing all about the rest of her recovery.

Great News Mara & David!

Great News Mara & David!

David,

Thank you for the updates on Mara's condition. What a busy time the two of you have been through. First a wedding and then 2 weeks later...surgery!

Mara,
Welcome to the other side. The recovery road isn't nearly as tough as that darn waiting room :)

God Bless both of you,

Kristy W

Latest posts

Back