LV dysfunction and no symptoms

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PathFinder

Has anybody had inittial phase of LV dysfunction, which after AVR has recovered to normal LV function and LV sizes? They recommended me a surgery in september, but I insist to have it in a month or two. The reason is, that I'm very scared of irreversible damages of the heart muscle.

My LV size was about the same as yours. However, my EF was 65%. I was told that when it gets down to 55%, it's time. With yours at 50%, I think it's time. Just to encourage you, though, the size of my LV went back to normal size right away after the operation.

Hi Pathfinder,

My LV ejection fraction was 35% prior to my surgery. I had the surgery 4 months later. The second echo I had after surgery (I think it would have been close to 2 years later) showed an ejection fraction in the low normal range. My ventricle size was within the normal limts, however, the doctor did say the size was more likely normal for a male, therefore, still large for me.

Latest posts

Back