Lost Meter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Miller

I need some help with a situation that just happened to me. Has anyone ever lost their meter (Coaguchek XS) and reported it to Alere? I use the service and they are pretty expensive with everything. Do they charge you for a new meter? At their rates is it probably cheaper to buy a new one online and let it go than report it to the Insurance Co or Alere. Just wondering if anyone has ever had experience with Alere on this?

I haven't had any experience with this, but if you just replace the monitor, you may have future trouble. If the meter needs service, or is replaced by Alere, your serial number on the new one won't match their records.

I would just call and explain the situation. There are people on the other end of that phone, and I would hope they want to do right by you. Keep us updated.

Cover ups and deceit rarely turn out well.
I would explain the circumstance and your chance of a good outcome is far better with honesty, IMO, than with attempts at deception.

Good luck.

Of course, too, notifying Alere would alert them to the meter having been lost/stolen. If anyone tries to get service or support on the 'lost' meter, this may trigger a call to agencies that may help recover the 'lost' meter.

Of course, too, notifying Alere would alert them to the meter having been lost/stolen. If anyone tries to get service or support on the 'lost' meter, this may trigger a call to agencies that may help recover the 'lost' meter.

I second that totally!

I do not see the harm of telling them the truth and how you lost it.

Is it rented or bought?! How did you pay for it and when did you buy it. If you paid for it the full price with a credit card, check with your credit card company about replacing lost items?!

If you had it for many years, check with your insurance if you are entitled for a new one?

Just my 2-cents thoughts!

Latest posts

Back