Life sometmes really sucks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

I lost a good friend on Monday. Reba, a building level school administrator in a neighboring school district, was killed in a car accident while driving to work. Administrators from her district and mine attended a lot of professional conferences and training activities together.

It's ironic that many of us have dealt with serious OHS surgical procedures and have enjoyed positive outcomes while other people, who are in great physical condition, encounter fatal accidents which end their lives prematurely. I guess this situation illustrates the uncertainies of life and the fact that life holds few guarantees.

Reba was a great support as I faced the uncertainies associated with AVR surgery, and as I progressed through the recovery and rehab processes. Her positive attitude and outlook on life was infectious.

I guess this situation illustrates the importance of approaching living our every day lives in as positive a manner as possible and to look for positive ways to influence other people. We never know when our journey here may end.

I'll miss Reba.

-Philip

Hi Philip,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Reba. To lose someone who is fit and healthy so suddenly like that is always a huge shock especially someone who had been so supportive of your own journey. Will be thinking of you and your colleagues as you try and cope with this during the next few days....

Philip...I'm sorry for the loss of your friend....You are right, there are no garantees....You are also right that today is all we have and we need to make the best of it.

So very sorry for your loss, Philip. May your fond memories sustain you and her family in the days to come.

Condolences

Condolences

Sorry to hear about your friend, Philip. We 'schoolies' share a lot of stuff together, and I am sure you will all miss her very much. May she rest in peace.

Sending prayers and thoughts your way,

Sorry to hear the news Phillip. One thing that always has troubled me is when we lose these friends, it calls out to me questioning my own existence. Happens every time.

Phillip,
I'm sorry to read about the loss of your friend.
I lost my best friend in a tragic accident several years ago, and I recently lost another to a medical condition. The circumstances were different, but the loss was the same.
Please accept my condolences.

Phillip - you have my sincere sympathy. It's obvious you honor and value this friend and I'm sure that's exactly how she wants to be remembered.

Phillip,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your good friend. It does remind us to tell special people today that we care about them, and to go out of our way to see these good friends, because we have no guarantees what tomorrow will bring -- for them or for us.

Best wishes,

So sorry to hear about your friend and colleague. :(

Life is always uncertain, and many of us struggle with why some of us live and others pass on when they do. I know I still cope with how I survived valve surgery, but my mom died of cancer a year later. (I still miss my mom terribly).

My thoughts are with you!

Debi (debster913)

debi

debi

Dear Debi, I think we never will fully get over a loss of a loved one. My mom also died of cancer, this April 13th 2 years ago. I was just crying last night over her loss, I sure wish she could see me now with my newly fixed heart:( I sure miss her too!! Debbie :)

Latest posts

Back