Let's Get Ross an Extreme Home Makeover!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extreme Home Makeover

Extreme Home Makeover

I still think we should put Ross in for it. If he's willing to help our other member in need in a big way, we could ask for an in-law apartment for them. I know it's a long way from their home, but it's worth considering too. Mary, thanks for the pm and info. Brian

u guys....

u guys....

R so awsome!!!! I haven't posted in a while, but I'll help in anyway I can!!!;)

I watched this programme for the first time this evening, previously I had just seen little bits towards the end of the project. My immediate thought when I saw the completed project was "Who is going to clean it all?". Today it was four bedrooms en suite plus a couple of room for a bed and breakfast. Can they scale it down in size to suit?

We are Buckeyes from Ohio who currently are Snowbirds in Florida.

Let me know how I can help. Work detail in Cleveland is not my idea of a vacation, but Ross has helped us ALL out many times.

John & Joann
Sun, Fun, and Joann is gettting stronger every day after her major flu issues.

Extreme makover

Extreme makover

Ross is deserving of a new home and a vacation. He has been good to all of us valvers.Go for it,

Hi all -

Does this Extreme Makeover idea still appeal to everyone for our frend, Ross?

Is there a website the Extreme Makeover people might have where somebody could research the criteria for applications?

This situation is surely becoming ever more urgent for Ross; wasn't there a mention somewhere of a deadline regarding that sewer hookup issue?

Just wondering...

I can tell you where I am at this point. I've managed to get the health department to grant my an extension to file all the necessary documents for another variance, but was told quite frankly not to count on it. I've called 12 contractors and have only had 1 call back and provide an estimate. He said $2600 which breaks down to $15 per foot x 160 ft + $200 to take care of the old tank. In addition to this, I still have a $1450 tap in and license fee to be paid and the landscaping in on me. Neither of them will do it. So, Its not he $8000 I perceived before, but might as well call it $4000. No matter what, I have to have a plan presentable by April 1ST.

Home Makeover

Home Makeover

I'm new here and and can already tell how much this website means to those of us who have benefited so much.!!! Tell me how I can help with this and I'll do it. Do i juts goto the website and ask that they help him? What is his complete name and address...

You can count on me to help in whatever way I can. I'm not a very good organizer/leader, but I'm a great worker. Just let me know what needs to be done - letters written, phone calls made, etc.

Jan

HERE'S what it says

HERE'S what it says

some work has to be done and a movie made.

Apply To Be On Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Today!

Do you know a deserving family who desperately needs a home makeover? Perhaps it's your family? If you would like to nominate your own family or another, then print out our application and send it in, along with a video and/or pictures! The Extreme Makeover team could be coming to your neighborhood!

How to Download the Application:
Windows Users
Right-click on the application link above and choose "Save Link As?" or "Save Target As?"

Mac Users
Control-click on the application link above and choose "Download Link to Disk" or "Save Linked File As?"

You will need Adobe Reader, version 5.0 or higher, to print the application. Don't have Adobe Reader? Get it here!
If changing your house will truly change your lives, download an application now!

1) Download an Application and Casting Shot List (click on the link above).
2) Complete the application
3) Shoot the video per the shot list (borrow a camera from someone if you don't have one)
4) Review your video for audio and/or video glitches
5) Mail in your video, pictures and application
6) Also know that although we'd love to, we can't help everyone. So please understand we DO NOT respond to letters and applications nor do we mail back photographs, videotapes or applications. Please do not send us anything of sentimental value.

Thank you and good luck! We look forward to meeting your family!

Folks I'll go along with it, but if I don't figure out how to resolve the current situation by April 1st, there might not be a property to improve. :(

The application form is being worked on. I'm pestering Ross with questions and he's answering as he's able. Once the form is completed, it will be sent to Ross for his official John Hancock in about five dozen different places!:eek: :p :D
We might need to send our own film crew to Dayton to videotape, but that concern is still a few days away.
In the meantime, remember Ross has a birthday on the 25th, and he is trying to keep it quiet. His birthday wasn't on the calendar this year, so I had to put it on.
I'll tell you, he is one sneaky guy.;) :rolleyes: :p

Latest posts

Back