Leaving Sunday for Surgery in Cleveland

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amen, marty!
i think those tapes by diane tusek are just fabulous. i still use them at night when joey snores so loudly that it keeps me up. they help drown out the sounds and get me back to sleep!
we're thinking of you, jennifer!
all the best,
sylvia

Hello Johnny Stephens

Hello Johnny Stephens

Hey Johnny - what a handsome fellow you are. Welcome to the site. Come on back and tell us your story. God bless

Just to let you all know, they arrived in Cleveland last night intact.
They're still getting settled in and should post something when there is news to report.

I'm still praying for you both, so keep your chins up!
Jennifer, don't go psychotic, I do enough of that for the both of us! ;)

Hi Jennifer,
Hope you read this before your surgery. Have no fear!!! Cosegrove is the best. It's been 13 weeks since he did mine and I'm better now than I was for the last 15 years. Hang in there, and God Speed.

Hey Jennifer,

You're going to be just fine - you'll see. I've told you before that you are in the best hands in the business. Your trust comes first in God, then in Dr. Cosgrove. We will all pray that God guides Dr. Cosgrove's hands and calms your fears.

I can't wait to hear from you! God bless.

We are cleared for surgery for tomorrow morning, the 7th. We report to the hospital at 5 a.m. and are on the first round so hopefully I'll be done by noon or 1 p.m. Cleveland time.

I'm feeling calm, although I'm not sure if it's peace or shock that I'm really doing this.

We waited around this afternoon hoping to meet Cosgrove between surgeries but were not able to. He apparently got a late start this morning and took no breaks between the "first round" and the "second round." He goes non-stop.

I still feel really good about coming here for the surgery, though, and have every confidence in the man I've never met.

Hopefully, I will be able to see him before they put me under in the morning.

A friend of mine also gave me a lovely scripture to think about as they wheel me off to the operating room:

I will both lie down in peace and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:8

Last edited:
Jennifer, this time tomorrow, you'll be out of surgery and on your way to a better life.

I wish you the best surgical result possible and we'll all be here waiting to hear about your journey.

Good luck and Bon Voyage.

Jennifer,
When you read this you will be on the way to a new and better life. I told you he was good! Please keep us all informed and updated.
What a great group we have here! God bless to all of you.

All the best Jennifer and Mike. I, too, didn't meet Dr. Cosgrove until after the surgery. Before you know it you'll be heading home. Lynk

Jennifer, you are just now going into the hospital for your surgery. I will be praying for you all the while and we wait to hear from Mike as soon as he can. Many hands hold yours and his. Godspeed

Jennifer,
As I write this it's snowing here in PA and I'm watching my Bluebirds in the backyard and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God Speed.

Jennifer,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers today as you prepare for surgery. May it be a smooth and quick surgery.

God Bless.

Tammy

MVR 04/06/89

Jennifer, adding my prayers too. You are in God's hands and the CCF...couldn't have it any better. Talk to you later.

As of Noon today, I think we should be looking at the Post Surgery Forum. Here is the Note I just got from Mike.

Hi Everyone!!
I wanted to send a quick message to let all know that
Jennifer is out of surgery, her mitral valve was
repaired 100% by Dr Cosgrove (bless him!!), and she will
be in ICU for 24 hours. I know that your prayers and
thoughts were instrumental in the success!! Thank you
all SOO much!!!
More later,
Mike

:)

Great news Mike, now just lot's of rest. Jennifer will start eating good food when she get's home.

I got the good news about Jennifer today via email and I was so excited and happy for her. I talked to her on the phone last night and I was so proud of her. Her fears had finally calmed and she was doing so well.

Brade - I had to laugh at your comment about the food at the Cleveland Clinic. I thought it was amazing how they serve the same food over and over and I was just there for 5 days! I didn't complain too much since the care I got there was so great.

I don't know if anyone else experienced this but after I got on a regular floor I had such a craving for tomato juice! They automatically put you on a salt-restricted diet, but on the card where you fill in what you want to eat, I put, "I'll do anything for some tomato juice, PLEASE!!!" The craving left in about 2 weeks!

Actually, I think their cafeteria food is horrible, but when your hungry, I guess it's all right. After I got on the main floor, food was much, much better. Salt restricted yes, but I could eat pretty much what I wanted and as much as I wanted. ;)

Denise,
I tried to eat the non salted food but just couldn't do it. My wife would go to the cafe. and bring salt and pepper back for me. While in the hospital I didn't eat much and lost about 5 pounds, which I wanded to do anyway.

Jennifer, I hope you are doing well.

Latest posts

Back