Leaving Sunday for Surgery in Cleveland

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JenniferO

We will be flying to Cleveland on Sunday, February 3. I have two days of pre-surgical testing scheduled for the 5th and 6th with my mitral valve repair scheduled for either the 7th or the 8th.

I received really great news a couple of weeks ago that my primary insurance carrier had granted my appeal and approved my surgery for in-network benefits. That was a huge relief and nothing short of a miracle in my eyes.

I still feel really good about my decision to go to Cleveland Clinic to have Dr. Cosgrove do the surgery. I am sure it will be quite the adventure to see this huge medical institution in practice. I have been impressed by the professionalism of everyone with whom I have had contact so far at CCF.

We will be taking a laptop computer with us and can hopfully establish internet connection from Cleveland to keep you all updated. My husband Mike will post as soon after the surgery as he can.

Of course I am terrified, but no avoiding that I guess.

Thanks for all the information and support I have received from this wonderful website and all the warm and caring folks who frequent it.

Hi Jennifer-

Your very special day is almost here. It will be the first day of the rest of your life and the path to a new and healthier you. I want to wish all the best and hope that your husband can post for you and tell us how you are.

We'll all be here waiting to hear your story when you're able.

Take care, think happy thoughts and God Bless.

Hi Jennifer,
we will all be thinking of you as you face your surgery

In no time at all you will be back on line and sharing your experiences with us,
Then it will be you offering support to those who are waiting

God Bless

Jan

Jennifer and Mike - well, you are about to start on your adventure to health. Since you will be in Cleveland for a day or so before you have to start the 'business', why don't ya'll have some romantic dinners and spend time just enjoying one another. Just take a little vacation sort of. You look like such a devoted couple. My prayers are with you on your journey from now til......Remember, we are all here wishing you well.. Mike, we hope to hear from you soon. Godspeed

Hi Jennifer

All the best for your upcoming surgery. It will be over in no time and you will soon be on the road to recovery. You take care also Mike as the partners have a tough time waiting to hear that everything has gone well. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi Jennifer,

Just wanted to let you knoe that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you safe travels and a successful surgery.

I think the Cleveland Clinic may provide an area where you can get on to the internet and post from their site. If I recall, Ben Smith did this while he was at CCF. The hospital site provided a site that friends and relatives could go to and find updates posted by Ben or a family member, and you could also leave messages for Ben. You should ask about this when you get there, if you are not already aware of it.

Let us know...

God Bless,

Rob

Wishing you the ver best, and we look forward to Mike's first post!

God Bless you. You will be in our prayers.

Wayne and Marybeth

Jennifer, I'm sending all my positive vibes to the Cleveland area for a successful surgery. Look forward to hearing how it went.

Chris

Jennifer,

It seems I was saying your words just last year. Cosgrove is a great surgeon, and he has a friendly, professional staff. The people(nurses) in the ICU are really great and will help you anyway they can. The library has internet access in case the laptop doesn't. Good luck, I know you will have a successful surgery. I will say a few prayers also.

My best wishes for the upcoming week - and beyond, for a speedy uneventful recovery.
It has been over two years since my mitral valve repair at CCF (Dr. Cosgrove) and all has been well ever since. My experience at the clinic was very positive. Those I came in contact with were helpfull and pleasant and a lot was done to help alleviate some of the fear (although I do remember wondering, just before being taken to the OR, if anyone ever made a break for it.) The fear is natural but I felt better and less fearful once I got to Cleveland. One of my big worries beforehand was that I would run into problems and end up in a local hospital where I had been given a slight chance of getting a valve repair and I wanted better odds.
Cleveland is a nice city. I found it helpful to get away from the Clinic for awhile in those days before surgery. It was good for my husband too. There is a nice art museum nearby, the rock and roll museum etc. and great restaurants.
Again, I wish you the best Lynk

Wishing you all the best Jennifer!
Will say a prayer that you come though with a great "repair". Given you are are consulting with the best, this will hopefully be the case!

Take care. See you on the 'other side of that mountain'.

hi jennifer and mike!
wishing you all the best in your upcoming adventure. it'll be over before you know it and you will be on your way to recovery in no time.
you are in great hands and at a great place, from what i've heard.
we look forward to hearing how it all goes. have a safe trip and God bless you both. you will be in our prayers.
-sylvia

Best wishes for your upcoming tests and procedures. I'll be thinking of you and Mike next week and saying a prayer for both of you. --- Ron K

Good luck!

Good luck!

Jennifer, I am sure you will do just fine! Cleveland Clinic is world-famous -- you will be in the very best of hands!

Good luck and my very best along the way,

Hugs,

/jessica :D

Jennifer and Mike,

I wish you two the very best. I will keep you both in my prayers next week! Before you know it will be all over and Mike will be posting here to let us know how you're doing. You'll do fine Jennifer. It will be great for you when it is all behind you. We will all meet you on "the other side of the mountain". Take care!

Godspeed

Godspeed

Jennifer and Mike, as a CCF alumn myself - 1-21-00 AVR. I can assure you that you are in good hands. Check with the nurses as to good restaurants to go to. They recommended several to us...I just can't remember where they were, but none were more than a 20 minute drive from the CCF campus. Quite an impressive place. Please know that many prayers and good thoughts will be sent your way. I hope you can keep us posted...it is comforting to hear from our own.

Jennifer

Jennifer

You just hang in there and everything will be alright. My prayers are with you and let us know how everything goes, alright?

Caroline
09-13-01
aortic valvereplacement
St. Jude's valve

Thanks to everyone.

We are just waiting for our friend to arrive to take us to the airport, so just a short message here.

Mike says to tell you I am bordering on "psychotic." I'm pretty anxious right now; hope the travel is smooth and we don't miss any connections and the luggage gets there okay. We are packed to the gills in two suitcases. Probably too many books on tape, but we are well supplied. Mike's going to "read" Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, among other things.

Even my skin is scared. I actually broke out in a rash over the incision site last night.

Maybe I'll calm down when we get to Cleveland.

Jennifer

Now's the time for GI

Now's the time for GI

Jennifer, Have a great sojourn in beautiful Cleveland by the lake.
Now's the time for Guided Imagery with Diane Tusek!

Latest posts

Back