Last Visit to Thoracic Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harmony

Yesterday I went for a check up to my surgeon. There was some question if I had fluid in my chest. They take a chest x-ray with you lying first on right side then on left side. The tech told me this is a better way than standing because if there is fluid it will pool. Later on when my surgeon was going over the test with me. I told him my dentist thinks all the pain in my teeth could be from sinus problem and wants me to take Sudafed. I said I know I can not take decongestants because of heart problem. Then Dr. Galloway my surgeon looked at me and said the nicest thing to me that anyone ever has. He said what heart problem, we repaired you mitral valve, fixed your PFO, everything that has been enlarged on your previous echos is now either normal size or close to it. I looked at my husband and almost cried. It is 2 1/2 months since surgery. Did not realize I would heal that fast. After all these years was diagnosed in 1996 with MVP, no more heart problem. Feels good Actually will see him in a year

Hi Harmony,

So glad for you and that things are going well! It is always great to get reassurance from the experts. Enjoy the new lease on life.

I am far from a expert. I cancelled appointments 3 times before I went. But I knew one day I would need to go and I did not want emergency surgery.

Not to pick on Ged1975, but see if you can help him overcome his fear before his heart kills him.

Good news.
After all the angyst you suffered, you are now enjoying the reward for going forward and doing what you knew you had to do.

Happy for you.

But why do you seem him in a year? You're fixed.

picture.php
Sounds like happy days are here again! I'm really glad when someone on this sight has such good news. Best of luck to you.
picture.php

Latest posts

Back