Laser eye surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHerrin Hutt

Hi all,
I am going to have my surgery on my eyes on Mon. I went to two Dr. they both said, I only need to have one eye done. So that is great and half the price. So on mon. afternoon I can get rid of my glasses after 40 yrs. Today when I went to see the Dr. They have it set so you can watch patient having their surgery done.It so weird to see people coming out and throwing their glasses in a bin for charity. It will be so GREAT to be able to go the the bathroom in the middle night without killing myself. I am so excited about this, I have been legal blind in my right eye since I was 12 yrs old.

My daughter just got her first real adult check for her new job in San Diego. She e-mailed a copy of it. It offical my baby is a adult!

congratulations. My baby sister and her husband had theirs done some years ago. She had one for far vision, the other for close. She had some pain after the surgery. Her husband had his done for far, wears glasses for close work. He had no pain afterward at all. They are very, very happy with theirs. You will be, too. And getting the eye that was blind will be some kind of miracle. Let us know.

I know when I had cataract surgery and then yag, both times it was like a miracle - someone suddenly turned on the lights!

it's to confuse people. No, actually I had a picture of Granbonny and me and eventually took it off. Under it was said 'me 'n Granbonny'. I replaced that picture of one of just me. Someone reminded me that the statement was still there so I put in 'me without Granbonny'. Took that picture off, too, put in a cartoon but left the statement. I am old so you have to forgive old ladies. One of these days this statement will come off, too.

I knew eventually someone would ask. It's been there for months.

hensylee said:
it's to confuse people. No, actually I had a picture of Granbonny and me and eventually took it off. Under it was said 'me 'n Granbonny'. I replaced that picture of one of just me. Someone reminded me that the statement was still there so I put in 'me without Granbonny'. Took that picture off, too, put in a cartoon but left the statement. I am old so you have to forgive old ladies. One of these days this statement will come off, too.

I knew eventually someone would ask. It's been there for months.

Ann, I miss your picture. I thought it was very nice.

Sherrin, good luck with your surgery. Hope the results are amazing.

Also, congrats to your daughter for her first paycheck. Money helps huh?!

My wife didn't qualify for LASIK (her corneas were too thin for her prescription) but did have Phakik IOL's implanted. These are sort of like contacts, but permanently implanted. It is eye surgery & there was pain afterwards & a persistent low-grade fever that they never told us about & kept saying had nothing to do with the surgery. She wasn't very happy with them at first, but now is much happier that she had it done. She still needs glasses to get 20/20 (actually, 20/15) but sometimes goes without glasses for activities that don't require them like gardening & swimming.....

Good luck, Sherrin!

Good luck, Sherrin!

I envy you. I have wanted to do that for years, but am not a good candidate. Good luck and keep us posted. Congrats on your daughter's first paycheck. Hugs. J.

Latest posts

Back