Ladies - Any fashion tips for scar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsometimes

I'm just over 3 weeks post op, and am finding it difficult to sort out what to wear. My scar comes quite high, so most of my tops show some of it. I have a few blouses that work, and some zippy jackets. I cannot get pullovers on yet because I have arm restrictions due to pacemaker bedding down.

I think I need to go shopping :). Any tips on what to buy?

It is always time to go shopping (shop til you drop). Anyway, just get tops that maybe have a rounded neckline. But since you are just a few week post surgery I believe that the scar will fade and then will not be so noticeable. Maybe take a friend with you who is around the same body type and have them try the tops on so you can get sort of an idea what the top looks like on a person rather than a hanger. Anyway, good luck in your hunt and have a super good holiday.:)

Ya know..I initially had the same concerns. I have AVR for BAV June 7th - full sternal opening - so my scar comes up high as well. I am back to work and only wear button up blouses, the top 2-3 inches of my scar shows. I have not had anyone comment to me or ask me questions about it - partly because everyone in the office knows what I have had done. I think it is a personal choice if you care about the scar showing... I could care less about it, becuase it has given me a new "lease" on life.. I am not sure this addresses your question fully, but I guess I am curious if it is because it would show that you have reservations about button up shirts, or you are looking for comfortable clothes ideas.. I know pullovers bothered my for the first few months, now, I have no problems with irritation..

You may wish to just choose a comfortable top and add a very lightweight pretty scarf looped loosely around
your neck; or if the scar is not too tender, then sometimes a nice dangling necklace or beads will give enough
coverage.

Latest posts

Back