Knee problems and question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds Dreadfull But...

Sounds Dreadfull But...

Dear Glenda the Good, I am so sorry you are suffering this way. I know the prospect of surgery is dreadful, but everyone I know that's done it was relieved afterwards, and much more mobile. Wishing you relief, your valve pal and fan, Brian

Hi Glenda

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble and pain with your knees. If you do decide on knee replacement, I hope this gives you some inspiration.

I know 3 people that have had BOTH knees done at the same time. They all were walking unassisted, not even a cane, by 6 weeks after surgery.

All of them say that the biggest factor for a successful outcome is to have good physical therapy and to faithfully do the prescribed excercises.

One of these people is my 85-year-old Mom. The day after surgery (in Oct 2005), they had her up and walking with a walker. At about 3 weeks, a cane replaced the walker. At about 6 weeks, the cane started gathering dust as it stayed in the corner. She now regularly walks at least a mile every day. In May we went to Las Vegas and did LOTS of walking. Mom and her new knees did great.

Best wishes, whatever you decide.

Glenda, I had my knees done 6 months apart in 2002 . I was 48 . I was the best thing I have ever done. I had unichondylar replacments to preserve bone in case I need the surgeries repeated as I age or the componenets loosen due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rehab is key. Best wishes with your decision and dealing with the chronic pain. It's the pits.

Update on knees

Update on knees

I had my third shot of Hyalgan, out of a series of six. So far they haven't done much good. I still hurt so bad. I've doubled up on my Darvocet, that's the only thing that keeps me walking right now. I have to use a cane sometimes. All I need to do is fall and break something. The ortho said that if this doesn't work he will give me the series of Synvisc, then if that fails, it's surgery. He will only do one at a time. I wanted him to do both of them and get it over with but he thinks it would be way too hard on me to be completely down. I guess he should know. I did ride the riding mower and get the mowing done but my husband (bless his little heart) did the weed-eating. There is no way I could have done that. I can't even bend to pull the weeds out of my flowers. Have you ever noticed how weeds grow so much better than the flowers!!:D :D

There is some good news. I went to my cancer doctor last Thursday and my white blood count is still down so that means the leukemia is in remission. My sugar count is normal and I'm finally losing some much needed weight. (again) I can lose it but keeping it off is another matter.

Keep remembering me in your prayers. There is power in prayer. I've felt it many, many times.

Hi Glenda

I'm sorry to hear about your knees.....Boy, this getting old stinks, doesn't it!!!
I just got back from the dr. and had a basal cell removed from my forehead. She's not worried, but we're biopsing it and I have to go back next Monday to have sutures out. .

Anyway, back to your knees. Just keep taking it one step at a time. I'm hoping something will work for you because it stinks being so crippled....believe me, I know....I'm bone on bone, too....

I'm keeping you in my prayers, girlfriend. Hopefully these shots will work, your sugar will stay low and you can throw that cane away for a bit.

Evelyn

Glenda,
I guess this is a call to doubletime the prayers?
Obviously they're working--as evidenced by your white blood count--so we just need to stay the course! :) :) :)
You get your knees fixed, and there will be NO STOPPING you!:p :p
Hugs,
Mary

Glenda - CONGRATS on the blood count. That's such wonderful news you should go out (somewhere you don't have to walk too far) and celebrate. I've always felt you were one of those who were dealt way too much misery. But this is good news, indeed.

Such good news on the blood count- congratulations. I hope you find a solution for the kness soon.

Hi Glenda

Hi Glenda

I was chatting at the pool a few days ago with a couple who had moved up here from Florida and opened a cute Ice Cream Parlor.About 2 years ago. First time I had a chance to talk with them. It was a 7 day operation..all year..Coffee, ect. anyhow, they had to sell last Oct. due to his having bad knees.He had one replaced last Jan. and one this past April He was doing great. Even walked the big hill to our country store. Very steep.:eek: I asked him the type of pain before he had surgery. Said, horrible...but no pain, now.:) ..........Happy to hear you are in remission..:) Have those knees fixed and you will be out bush-hogging again.:D Bonnie

Latest posts

Back