kidney issues

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tass

Just received the results from my bloodwork last week. According to the numbers my kidneys aren't happy. Doctor comments to recheck in a month, possibly due to dehydration (hard to believe since I had been chugging down water all morning due to the fasting requirement). I checked bloodwork done prior to taking the diuretics and the numbers were all within normal range (although borderline high/low).

Anyone else had extreme numbers due to things like dehydration? Chronic kidney disease? I REALLY don't want to have to stop the diuretics...

Tass

Thanks Greg. Currently I'm on Dyazide. I'm hoping this is related to fluid intake. Went to the kidney foundation website and other than the diuretic use I don't seem to have any other risk factors. Is there a certain diet change I can make to improve the numbers?

The diet to help with fluid problems is low/no salt. What test numbers are off and do you know the actual results?
I was just rereading some of your older posts. Did they ever figure out what was causing your fluid and SOB? How did your 1 year check up go for your heart? Did they do an echo?
wow as usual, I have more questions than answers, sorry

ok I just saw the echo showed no change..did you get the actual numbers?

Eliminate phosphates (eg cola drinks read the ingredients) I have switched from diet pepsi to diet 7up ot Sprite zero. I had to give up whole grain breads and whole grains in general....nuts are out BUT the dietician was very clear that these were my instructions as they reflect my condition.

Cardio doc thinks the fluid retention is just circulation issues (although she never really had an answer for the abdominal bloating). The Creatinine is 1.37 (was 1.1 a year ago), BUN is 18 (12 last year), eGFR is 42 (56 last year), Potassium 3.0 (3.8 last year), Chloride 93 (101 last year), Carbon Dioxide 33 (21 last year). These were the numbers with the biggest change with the exception of my triglycerides...85 (last year 138-what would cause such a drop?).

Eliminate phosphates (eg cola drinks read the ingredients) I have switched from diet pepsi to diet 7up ot Sprite zero. I had to give up whole grain breads and whole grains in general....nuts are out BUT the dietician was very clear that these were my instructions as they reflect my condition.

But Coke gets me through the day (whining)! I've tried to keep myself down to no more than 2 a day...guess is none, now.

But Coke gets me through the day (whining)! I've tried to keep myself down to no more than 2 a day...guess is none, now.
Not all sodas have phosphates. Check the ingredients.

Follow-up on bloodwork

Follow-up on bloodwork

The bloodwork indicates Stage 3 (out of 5) Chronic Kidney Disease. The PCP who did the bloodwork is changing my meds to include Lisinopril (supposed to preserve renal function) and taking away the combo diuretic Dyazide and switching to hydrochloridethyazide.

Anyone else on this combo? Any side effects to be aware of? Reading the effects listed on the Lisinopril, i'm not looking forward to it...

Tass

Latest posts

Back