Key Lime Pie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wise

Here's a lite version of Key Lime Pie that is very tasty. I'm not one for Fat Free Whipped Cream but it's good with this.

For WW people, it's 5 points per serving and a good treat.

Key Lime Pie

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

This Florida favorite's had a makeover! Reduced-fat and fat-free ingredients cut calories and fat without compromising texture or flavor.

Ingredients

* 6 oz pie crust
* 14 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
* 8 oz fat-free egg substitute
* 8 oz fat-free whipped topping, thawed if frozen
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from key limes

Instructions

* Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place graham cracker crust on a baking sheet; set aside.

* Whisk together condensed milk, egg substitute and lime juice. Pour mixture into crust.

* Bake until center looks set but still slightly quivery, like gelatin, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to refrigerator and chill completely, about 1 to 2 hours.

* Spread whipped topping over cooled pie. Cut into 10 slices and serve.

Wise said:
Here's a lite version of Key Lime Pie that is very tasty. I'm not one for Fat Free Whipped Cream but it's good with this.

For WW people, it's 5 points per serving and a good treat.

Key Lime Pie

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

This Florida favorite's had a makeover! Reduced-fat and fat-free ingredients cut calories and fat without compromising texture or flavor.

Ingredients

* 6 oz pie crust
* 14 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
* 8 oz fat-free egg substitute
* 8 oz fat-free whipped topping, thawed if frozen
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from key limes

Instructions

* Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place graham cracker crust on a baking sheet; set aside.

* Whisk together condensed milk, egg substitute and lime juice. Pour mixture into crust.

* Bake until center looks set but still slightly quivery, like gelatin, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to refrigerator and chill completely, about 1 to 2 hours.

* Spread whipped topping over cooled pie. Cut into 10 slices and serve.

Yummo ---- Key Lime Pie, one of my favorties! :) :) Thanks for the recipe, Wise!

Key Lime Pie is my fave……so with my daily points of 30 (for now) and my 35 bonus points I can consume the entire pie and have 5 points remaining for the day:D :D

Bina said:
Try again, Chimpster.....a whole pie is 50 points (10x5).....:p :D

So, 65 - 50 = 15. If you have 1/3 of the pie for breakfast; then have a 5 point lunch with 1/6 of the pie; then have a 10 point dinner followed by the 1/2 pie that is left, you will have used all 30 of your daily points + all of your 35 weekly points which = One heck of a fun day.

I, neither, claim to be smarter than a 5th grader. I am, however, good at tweaking my menu to suit my "addictions."

I was pleasantly surprised to read how easy this is to make. I might try it this week-end.
I am confident that I can beat anyone/everyone in the weigh down when it comes to pie consumption; however, that will have to wait until after September (Cooker's deadline for something).;)
In the meantime, I will practice with Lite Key Lime pie!:p :p

I've got to bring dinner this Thursday to an older diabetic man who just had a couple of toes amputated. I was going to bring a sugar free angelfood cake with fresh strawberries with splenda and sugarfree whipped cream for dessert. Maybe I'll bring both and he can freeze the pie for later. The only trouble with threads like this is that I get sooooo hungry!

mother was a Key Wester by birth. Your recipe is exactly like the original except for the 'eggs' and of course the condensed milk - theirs was sugared condensed milk. When she or my sister made key lime pie they put in whole eggs and the rest is as you said - except........... they didn't ever cook the pie. The lime juice cooked the eggs. Guess its the acid in the key limes.

As for me, I don't care for it even tho it's a family heritage. the sourness goes against my tongue - right along with fresh strawberries and orange juice and dill pickles.

It might come as a surprise, given location, but I can vouch for the Key Lime Pie. :) tried it when I was in Florida in November... Great stuff altogether Starkone :D

Latest posts

Back