Justin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def Prayers for Mom and Justin. It is amazing to me when I read mothers on this forum with children going through this mess. My son will be 23 and healthy next month. It makes you count your blessings and know that but for the grace of God.....

Bless you and Justin!

Mileena

Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know he hates having to have surgery again, especially at this time of year. I hope that they are able to go in and quickly get everything and get it fixed this time. Please keep us posted and know that you are both in my thoughts.

Kim

Thank and yes,he is bummed but not surprised, he's never surprised when these things that rarely happen happen to him, and yes once again it is snowboarding season, Funny thing I just asked Jan a couple days ago how you know if osteomyelitis is back, now I know

Thank and yes,he is bummed but not surprised, he's never surprised when these things that rarely happen happen to him, and yes once again it is snowboarding season, Funny thing I just asked Jan a couple days ago how you know if osteomyelitis is back, now I know

You know Lyn, in my senior year of high school, I was in the hospital for two weeks before homecoming. My Dr's at Vandy let me out for the Friday night of homecoming as long as I promised to come back the next day (like I had a choice, I had a mother!) Then I was scheduled for my first surgery on December 23rd. I was still in intensive care on Christmas day. At the time, I thought it was the worst thing in the world, but, obviously, in the grand scheme of things, it was really not a big deal. So, I can relate to how he is feeling.

Kim

Awe man, sorry to read the update....I've been thinking about you all day and watching & hoping for a good update. I'm sorry that Justin is heading back to the OR just as snowboard season is about to start. I hope they can get rid of his infection for good when they go back in (or is this something that can keep coming back no matter how good they clean it up when they are in there?). {hugs}

Lyn,

I'm so sorry to read of Justin's infection and upcoming surgery. You and he will be in my prayers and thoughts. You are a very brave and strong Mom! I'm sorry that you and Justin have had to deal with so much. I can't fathom it all.

sweet lyn and justin...

sweet lyn and justin...

You are such a support to all of us when we need it...please feel the love and hugs going out to you and your teenaged baby....we are all here with you in your same boat....so keep us posted...

Sincrely,

Julie...Kyle and Taj's mommy

Wow. I'm sorry to read this. But it's excellent that you all were right on top of the thing, Lyn. Catching this right away and getting the proper meds right away and all. And hopefully it's all on the surface.

Do the doctors know why the osteomyelitis keeps recurring?

Best wishes for all to go well.

Good luck to Justin. I had my first open heart two days before my 18th birthday my senior year of high school. I missed most of the second semester during recover and got out of ICU on my birthday. Can't imagine going through all that with complications and re-ops. Prayers for resolution and a speedy recovery so he can get on with his life.

Thanks again everyone, it is so good to know so many care about and pray for Justin, he IS so good about dealing with everything that hits him and rarely complains, he is much better at this than me. So the plan is they lanced and cultured it yesterday he is also on antibiotics, they hope to wipe out alot of the infection before surgery and they open him, it will probably be in about 2 weeks. BUT we have to keep an eye on him, and if he gets a temp (hasn't had one yet) or it looks like it is getting worse with the bactrim, he will immeadiatly be admitted and we'll go from there. They have to sched OR time that both the plastic surgeon and heart surgeon are available ect, as soon as they call with a date I'll let you know. thanks again

Thanks again everyone, it is so good to know so many care about and pray for Justin, he IS so good about dealing with everything that hits him and rarely complains, he is much better at this than me. So the plan is they lanced and cultured it yesterday he is also on antibiotics, they hope to wipe out alot of the infection before surgery and they open him, it will probably be in about 2 weeks. BUT we have to keep an eye on him, and if he gets a temp (hasn't had one yet) or it looks like it is getting worse with the bactrim, he will immeadiatly be admitted and we'll go from there. They have to sched OR time that both the plastic surgeon and heart surgeon are available ect, as soon as they call with a date I'll let you know. thanks again

Guess we need to pray that Justin develops no fever. Will do!

:(:(:(:( I just want our boys to get a break to live "normal" lives for a while. How long was he out of commission the last time he went through this? Good thing chicks dig scars - cause our boys have way more than their fair share.

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Call me if you need to vent or cry and we can commiserate together.

Lyn:

Pulling for Justin to have an easier time. Checking my wound more carefully too!

Oh no....I can't tell you how very sorry I am to hear this. Continued prayers and positive vibes from here.

All the best,
Michelle

Back